Android OS Forum banner

░⋮ PCB Series (Circuit Boards) ⋮░ FREE PCB Carrot Theme + WP App!

15K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Technophyle 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: Theme

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: Theme Manager

Requires Root:: No

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::

Built for such ROMs as AOKP, CyanogenMOD, Gummy, Euroskank, Liquid, BAMF, and others which use the T-Mobile Theme Chooser, PCB is a Jelly Bean & Ice Cream Sandwich theme aimed to restyle your device with a very unique look. Ultra-crisp printed circuit board (PCB) patterns adorn the Android UI system elements, while complimenting the original Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich design. MDPI / HDPI / XHDPI images are included, which will ensure this theme looks perfect no matter which device/screen DPI you have.

► Works with Tablet UIs!
► Extensive core system theme edits
► Background on Status + Navigation buttons
► Notification pulldown menu + list items styled extensively
► New Status Bar icons (Wi-Fi, BT, Phone, others coloured to match)
► New Circle Battery Icon with improved charging animation (when supported by ROM)
► All Popups/Dialog/Menu boxes styled
► New icons in Settings and (AOKP) ROM Control
► Phone keypad buttons styled
► Custom PCB keyboard (for default Android input method)
► Contacts and MMS styled to match
► Android Robot replaces default unknown caller/contact
► Up to date with Jelly Bean 4.2 support
► See "PCB Carrot" for a new FREE theme!
► See "PCB Wallpapers" for a FREE app!

» PCB Mini-Site
  • Change Log is found via the PCB Mini-Site link above
  • Due to the nature of Theme Chooser, it is not possible to put multiple colours into one theme
  • These PCB Themes work in both Ice Cream Sandwich AND Jelly Bean (4.2)
  • free PCB Blue version included in the AOKPCB ROM, but with less frequent updates
» Google Play

Simply install the theme from Google Play, then navigate to SYSTEM SETTINGS --> THEMES, and apply the PCB colour theme you just installed. If you have any issues with applying the theme, or some elements are not styled, simply perform a full REBOOT.

* If the wallpaper is not applied, simply re-apply the theme once again, and it should then be set.

Note that the following elements are not yet able to be styled by the T-Mobile Theme Engine:
  • Lockscreen
  • Layout XMLs
Hope you enjoy the (long, hard) work that's been put into this, thanks!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just a quick note to say that I will always do my best to support and update this theme. I worked very hard to ensure that this first release was stable, and feature-packed, which I believe it is. My plan is to get this Blue version as close to perfect as possible, then release newer colours (see the Poll above!).

Hope everyone enjoys, and thanks in advance to any purchasers for supporting this. I am a hard-working freelancer just trying to get by in life :)

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just a quick note to say that I pushed v1.0.1 to the market/Google Play, which contains the following:

v1.0.1 - May 25, 2012
  • [CM9 + Gummy] Added missing Settings icons
  • Added PCB style to landscape navbar buttons
  • Added PCB icon style to notification Settings + Clear buttons
  • Fixed missing "Kill App" navbar button
  • Fixed missing Android Robot unknown icon in Messaging app
  • [AOKP] Users should upgrade to b37 which now allows for Reboot Menu styling
  • Changed wallpaper to PCB Blue (more wallpapers coming soon)
  • Please don't forget to RATE PCB Blue if you haven't already. Thanks for your support!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Another quick note to say that I pushed v1.0.2 to the market/Google Play, which contains the following:

v1.0.2 - May 26, 2012
  • Added Liquid icon to Settings (when using Liquid ROM)
  • Added subtle PCB pattern to slide toggles and word suggestion bar above Keyboard
  • Fixed a small issue with the green keyboard status button (caps lock ON)

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Love this theme. Here's some soft keys I modded up if anyone wants them. Keys are from another thread, and not my work. Background from the aokpcb Site so they match the theme. I just combined the images in gimp.

Font Electric blue Pattern Display device Circle

Automotive lighting Font Electronic instrument Gas Electric blue

Font Electric blue Circle Entertainment Plant

Attachments

#15 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to post up a quick note to let you know that I always check this thread and I always take everyone's recommendations seriously (and thank you for them!). There are a few issues with v1.0.4 (the current version) of the theme, mainly with the Tablet UI notification popup area (blue glitch), and I hope to fix those for the next update.

Life is a struggle for me (as I'm sure it is with many), but as I am a freelancer and work for myself (mainly doing web design/hosting), it is tough for me to dedicate a huge amount of hours to the theme. That said though, it is truly a passion of mine as I also use the PCB theme myself. I will always continue to work on improving it, but please please be patient.

Understandably, website design + hosting is a bit more lucrative than my theme in the Market, BUT I sincerely want to thank everyone who has purchased it, as it really means a lot to me. Please help me by rating the theme and also tweeting/spreading the word about it. I've still got some nice plans for the future, and I will surely work them into the theme over time.

Thanks again for reading this, I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up as to why I haven't been as active as I was over the past few weeks (although I hope that will change!).

Cheers!

#16 ·
Found a few more bugs. Yes, they're minor, but I'm a perfectionist and this is a gorgeous theme. Kudos.

Currently running AOKPCB so there's more in depth themeing. On top of that, I'm running your theme chooser theme so that certain themeable apps (like Boid) can take advantage of the theme. They don't without. Without the theme the USB debugging icon and USB connected icon are both themed and highlighted. With the theme, both are themed but the USB connected icon loses its highlight.

Without theme: https://www.box.com/shared/307cdc164ecfad168ac4

With: https://www.box.com/shared/58999ba3bbe63e915463

Again, this is a great theme with just a few minor issues. Thanks for all the hard work.

#17 ·
Hey Pons! Thanks for your detailed feedback man, I'm a perfectionist too, so I completely understand. Anyways, what you've noticed is not new to me, but I'll admit I've had trouble making a decision about it. It's a bit complex, but here goes:

That (let's call it) 'triangle' icon background you see in the "no theme" screenie is the default for the AOKPCB ROM. The reason that the other one appears when you have the theme applied is because it will really bung up the Quick Toggles background. The Theme Chooser version _cannot_ edit layout XML, and that is what I used to give the Quick Toggles BG a new unique image so that I could 'detach' it because it uses the same image as the icon background (it tiles it, so think of how the 'triangle' one would look if tiled, gross :D). You'll notice this if you run the Market PCB Theme on something other than AOKPCB, or well, you would have if I did not revert the image to the 'non-triangle' one.

Anyways, it's quite a complicated explanation, but the fact remains that I need to figure out where to go. I really like the 'triangle' icon, but i do NOT want it to be tiled for people who don't use AOKPCB. The solution requires Team Kang to change how they draw the Quick Toggles panel, specifically the layout XML, so that my market theme can replace it.

Again, sorry about the long explanation, but I'll be thinking about what I can do. In the meantime, I am getting back to fixing some other issues and possible adding new stuff, so I will keep in the loop with how that goes.

Cheers!

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all, just a super quick update to let you know that the Tablet UI issues have been fixed, and a few other change log items have been added. Here's the Google Play change log:

• Fixed incorrect battery icons being shown on anything other than "CircleMOD" option
• Improved keyboard background scaling on different DPIs / tablets
• Colourized soft keys/navbar icons to match theme colour
• Optimized resource XMLs
• [TABLET UI] Fixed display issues with Notification Area
• [TABLET UI] Created a new status bar background
• [TABLET UI] Improved spacing of notification buttons / softkeys
► Please remember to (re)rate to help our listing r0ank!

Hope you're still enjoying it...Cheersch!

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Found a bug under CM9. Lock screen icon isn't modded under System Settings. Still one of the best themes out there, easily.

Edit: yes I read the OP and know that the lock screen itself cannot be themed, but this is just the icon on the settings menu. Don't know if the unthemeable lock screen applies to that, too. If it does, disregard.

Attachments

#20 ·
Found another "bug" (to me at least). The wifi tether doesn't really match. The grayish background and black wifi icon, to me, looks jarring. Maybe inverse it so that the background is clear and icon itself is gray, or even ICS blue? Anyone else agree, or disagree? I'm not the most talented visual type guy; the wife does all the decorating and color coordinating for good reason.

Attachments

#21 ·
Thanks for the heads up on these PonsAsinorem! The first post about the CM9 lockscreen icon has been fixed (not yet released), and I will surely fix the Wifi Tether icon too (I rarely, if ever use it myself), I didn't notice that one.

This is excellent feedback that I love to hear, as many people use their ROMs differently, so if I've missed something, please post it up!

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Everyone!

After a long break...well, not really a break, but intense work in hibernation, I have finally completed my goal of producing 8 new PCB colours for the Theme Chooser. I really took everyone's feedback into consideration, and I wanted to make as many people happy as I could (I know, a lofty goal), so I went a bit nuts and just pushed hard to get a bunch of variants done.

Anyways, I will post more details when I get a chance, likely tomorrow, but until then, check out the PCB Mini-site page that's been updated here:

PCB Series for Theme Chooser :: PCB Mini-site

I hope everyone likes how the new colours came out, and if you do purchase them, first, THANK YOU SO MUCH, and second, please don't forget to leave feedback/ratings if you can too.

(Poll is now closed, as ALL colour choices are now a reality!)

Cheers all!

#27 ·
I will be looking into the battery icons as soon as I get a chance. I have heard other reports that they are not accurate, but I have no idea why, as my XMLs/assets appear to be in order. TerrorCandii, can you tell me which ROM you're using?

Thanks for your patience all!

#28 ·
TerrorCandii, on 19 July 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:
I have both pink, and blue. Any chance to get the normal battery back though? Love this theme so much, but just the battery icon isn't accurate and I just prefer the ics one. Please good sir?
I will be looking into the battery icons as soon as I get a chance. I have heard other reports that they are not accurate, but I have no idea why, as my XMLs/assets appear to be in order. TerrorCandii, can you tell me which ROM you're using?

Thanks for your patience all!
I'm running Official AOKP Milestone 6(Team Kang) on my T989 S2, and Unofficial AOKP build 40(Termleech), on my ASUS TF300. Both have your themes. Any other info I could give you that would help?

#29 ·
I'm running Official AOKP Milestone 6(Team Kang) on my T989 S2, and Unofficial AOKP build 40(Termleech), on my ASUS TF300. Both have your themes. Any other info I could give you that would help?
That's probably great for now. Good to know you're seeing it on the Tablet + Phone UIs (although, this makes sense as there's no difference in the resource replacement). Anyways, I will do my best to nail this down. Creating the 8 themes took a lot out of me, and real life work has started to pile up, but I won't rest until these themes are perfect :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.