Android OS Forum banner

░⋮ PCB Series (Circuit Boards) ⋮░ FREE PCB Carrot Theme + WP App!

15K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Technophyle 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: Theme

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: Theme Manager

Requires Root:: No

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::

Built for such ROMs as AOKP, CyanogenMOD, Gummy, Euroskank, Liquid, BAMF, and others which use the T-Mobile Theme Chooser, PCB is a Jelly Bean & Ice Cream Sandwich theme aimed to restyle your device with a very unique look. Ultra-crisp printed circuit board (PCB) patterns adorn the Android UI system elements, while complimenting the original Jelly Bean / Ice Cream Sandwich design. MDPI / HDPI / XHDPI images are included, which will ensure this theme looks perfect no matter which device/screen DPI you have.

► Works with Tablet UIs!
► Extensive core system theme edits
► Background on Status + Navigation buttons
► Notification pulldown menu + list items styled extensively
► New Status Bar icons (Wi-Fi, BT, Phone, others coloured to match)
► New Circle Battery Icon with improved charging animation (when supported by ROM)
► All Popups/Dialog/Menu boxes styled
► New icons in Settings and (AOKP) ROM Control
► Phone keypad buttons styled
► Custom PCB keyboard (for default Android input method)
► Contacts and MMS styled to match
► Android Robot replaces default unknown caller/contact
► Up to date with Jelly Bean 4.2 support
► See "PCB Carrot" for a new FREE theme!
► See "PCB Wallpapers" for a FREE app!

» PCB Mini-Site
  • Change Log is found via the PCB Mini-Site link above
  • Due to the nature of Theme Chooser, it is not possible to put multiple colours into one theme
  • These PCB Themes work in both Ice Cream Sandwich AND Jelly Bean (4.2)
  • free PCB Blue version included in the AOKPCB ROM, but with less frequent updates
» Google Play

Simply install the theme from Google Play, then navigate to SYSTEM SETTINGS --> THEMES, and apply the PCB colour theme you just installed. If you have any issues with applying the theme, or some elements are not styled, simply perform a full REBOOT.

* If the wallpaper is not applied, simply re-apply the theme once again, and it should then be set.

Note that the following elements are not yet able to be styled by the T-Mobile Theme Engine:
  • Lockscreen
  • Layout XMLs
Hope you enjoy the (long, hard) work that's been put into this, thanks!

See less See more
#31 ·
Purchased the yellow theme today. One minor note, when a toggle is in the on position the word "On" is light grey on a bright yellow background and it's kind of hard to read. If you get an opportunity to tweak this theme, perhaps more contrast for the toggles would be worth exploring.

#32 ·
Hi zvogt, thanks for the heads-up about this issue. I am aware of this, as another user has informed me, so I will certainly do my best to correct this via better contrast for the next version of the theme.

@ALL, I am currently updating all 9 of my PCB Themes to Jelly Bean as we speak. I have fixed the battery icon issue in CM-based ROMs, and I will be pushing new updates for all 9 tonight hopefully.

I will keep you all informed!

#36 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks TerrorCandii!!

@all, quick note to let you know that v1.3 of PCB Series (all colours) HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Here's the change log:

v1.3 (August 4, 2012)

• Created NEW custom battery icons for non-1% modes
• Styled the navbar in supported ROMs (AOKP)
• Added coloured toggle icons (new NFC)
• Semi-styled MMS / Messaging app again (limited by theme engine)
• Fixed keyboard 'hint' text colour (top right numbers on top row keys)
• Fixed keyboard background on tablet UIs
• New preview images in Theme Chooser
• Once again, please (re)rate and spread the word via Twitter/forums/etc.
• Thanks for your support!

Keep an eye on Google Play for the updates to hit!

PCB Series v1.3 has arrived! More goodies included! (from PCB Mini-site)

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Scar, question. I was running AOKP ICS 4.0.4, I switched to AOKP JB 4.1.1 and now your theme lags my phone a little. Remove theme, phone is silky smooth. I guess I'm asking....does your theme support JB yet? I really want to use it, but can't because of my OCD, Lol.
Fulltime supporter, pwease fix or something, something......etc. Awesome work/theme as always good sir.

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
Found two issues with this theme. Looks odd when you get an email notification, as well as the screen shot preview. Although, the screen shot preview looking odd could be because it's of an odd preview. Running CM10.

Attachments

#41 ·
Hi everyone! (and thank you zvogt!!)

I know it's been a long time coming, but I am happy to announce that I've updated ALL PCB Themes to v1.4 which includes support for Jelly Bean 4.2! I had hoped to complete this sooner, but there is a LOT of work involved with updating 10 colours! On top of it all though, I've also updated the PCB Wallpapers app, which now downloads images (there's tons!) from the web. This makes the app MUCH smaller, plus allows for easier wallpaper updates (no app update needed).

Here's a quick excerpt of the latest Change Log entry:

v1.4 (December 8, 2012)
  • Updated for JB 4.2!
  • Fixed expanded notification item background
  • Added missing AOKP / Settings icons
  • Added new, custom Quick Settings icons + tile
  • Changed nav-ring trail colour to match theme
  • Fixed 4.2 notification clock + icon BG shading/presses
  • See "PCB Carrot" (FREE theme) and "PCB Wallpapers" (FREE app), to compliment this release! (check "more from developer")
  • Please (re)rate + comment! Thanks for your support!
I've even made a fancy promo image. Hoping you can Tweet and help to spread the word if you like the work that I've done. It's not a full time job of mine, but it surely takes up a lot of time! Otherwise, I just hope you enjoy the theme!

FREE PCB Carrot Theme

FREE PCB Wallpapers App

Thanks everyone, hope you are still enjoying PCB!
(P.S. - Please Tweet/Share/Post this if you're willing to help me out!)

#42 ·
Hi folks! Just a super-quick update to let everyone know that I certainly plan to continue updating/developing the PCB Themes! It seems that a bit of attention has been brought forth due to PCB Carrot being the 'featured'/demo theme in the Official OPPO N7 CM Edition video (!!!) (skip to 50s if you can't wait):

Also, due to the fact that I have a Note 3 now, and it JUST got AOSP, I haven't been able to really work on the theme. Not to mention life happening at the same time...

Anyway, I am very happy that my theme which has been around for quite a while, still has a following, and interaction from the community. To be honest, it really does help to motivate me to continue pushing on!

Thanks all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.