Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Any chance of adding more Presets? I do like the app so far I still get an occasional crash/ but it is much better

THANKS for Making this

·
Banned
36 Posts
YEs I would love any details you have for bluetooth connections.. if I do that then I can remove the physical volume control and run it through the tablet. that is one downside to the HD tuner.. Just tell me what I will need to buy to to this and I will I think it will be better than running it through the monitor of the USB DAC.

·
Banned
36 Posts
If I need to get a Raspberry pie and an adder board I can do that. but since I am a permanent install the thought of wired is always better

As for the volume control I am using the USB-ROM from Timur with that my audio is through the USB-DAC and I am now curious how the volume is adjusted on the tablet for the HD tuner..

Thanks for the modifications, looking forward to trying out what you have. Any chances of other functionality from the Respberry PI that can be controleld from the tablet? like Amplifier on/off or any other basic switching?

·
Banned
36 Posts
I sent you email as well, I get a parsing error with 4.2.2 and it cannot install. I will need to pull the tablet out of the car to test it on my 4.4.4 Tablet.. the N7 2013 it installs but the tuner is connected to the 4.2.2 version

·
Banned
36 Posts
OK I got testing done, but the battery died in my car ...

Anyway

video 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4ZG1oWmpmaFliNm8/view?usp=sharing

the power button does not seem to work well.. I had to force close the app and restart (with unplugging the cable)

The Volume once in a once when pressing (-) with get super loud, then soft again..

A slider for tuning would be nice if possible in addition to what is there.

AM/FM switch seemed to work but got weird in the last video but I think that was my battery.. the volume and power were from when I first connected everything

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4LTJkdW9yTjdiVTg/view?usp=sharing

I was unable to test it with the tablet as I wanted to see if it worked with my android stick and App Radio, since that works that is what I will use

Android version was (4.4.2)

·
Banned
36 Posts
Oh one more..

the band button would be awesome if it showed which band FM or AM.. instead of just band..

but it works pretty darn good.. I am happy so far

·
Banned
36 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for the taking it for a test run, I hadn't even thought about running it on an appradio with an android stick....Which version AppRadio is that?

The power button is actually janky for a reason, the HD-Radio module requires three messages to actually power up: Power (On), Volume(some #) and (I think) a tune message (could be a mute off message though). Each one has to be sent with some arbitrary delay, seems to work best with about 300 ms in between resulting in a nasty pause when hitting power.

Other notes, the volume buttons can be long pressed (no need to tap). My radio started doing the really loud volume too....I'll take a look at it to see what it might be

You should look at getting UMD gesture control for killing the app and volume control. I have a gesture which pops up a volume controller (but I am assuming you use your App Radio for volume).

I'll take a look into the AM/FM band thing....shouldn't be too hard to integrate. I'll also take a look into a slide for tuning, might be a bit before I get that one done because I would want it to be more than a simple slider

Does overall stability seem better (as far as crashes) compared to bobd's version?
I am using an App Radio 2 along with a mk809iii Android Stick. I was going to keep the tablet in the car, but I am not super happy with the install aesthetics. I want a bezel to get the the edge of the screen but cannot do it the way I want. the App radio ends up acting as the screen interface, this way I can put the Stick in a spot that is easy to access if i need to swap it our whatever. my other reason is being able to have my phone connected too for hands free (I cannot do that with a tablet)

Cool on the long press volume, I was tapping because i heard the softer... then LOUD then Softer on the volume and in the video I was trying to reproduce it then the battery died. My ultimate goal is the App Radio for volume. I think the AM/FM button should just be a android display thing, meaning when I press band it will display the other band i can choose. not sure you need communication with tuner for that

As for crashes, I think because I did not know what to expect for the power button, I thought that might be an issue. that said, with the app radio and the stick, the stick will reboot every time I start the car so everything will start fresh (down side over the tablet, but I found the tablet was quirky enough that I had to reboot the tablet too) I am now tempted to buy another HD tuner and cable for testing outside the car.. I REALLY like the Presets that is my favorite option

OH yeah, what will be in the settings. I did not see anything there

·
Banned
36 Posts
Jeff any reason you aren't using the fm tuner in the app radio?

I am starting to eye the new app radio 4,

When a call come in does it have an indicator on screen even when you are mirroring the android stick? Can you answer and dial a call from the head unit when mirroring in android?

The reason I ask, is I would love to have the nexus7 or an android stick mirror to the app radio and have my phone synced separately, but still be able to answer calls etc. On top of that how are you getting GPS for the android stick?
So for the last year I have had a tablet installed in my dash using Timur's ROM. I have recently decided to go back to the App Radio due to aesthetics with my install and some limitations I have with it.

I will use the App Radio tuner, but I like the HDTuner and HD Radio so I would like to retain that option with the App Radio.

I have not installed the App Radio and tested getting a call so I don't remember what happen if you are on the android side. I do have the Android Stick running ont he App radio and my phone is connected for the phone portion no apps.

I am using AppRadio Unchained Reloaded which injects the GPS form the App Radio to the Stick (using mock locations)

App Radio will be reinstalled in the next couple of months

Oh and I do like that App Radio 4.. it is looking nice

1 - 20 of 27 Posts