Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
b0bd, thanks for your work on this app! I was using your original version in the op but wasn't able to set preset stations. Then I switched over to a radio app by jamieb122 (big thanks to you too!) and am able to get most everything I want.

I tried to use your new radio app on my Nexus 7 (2013) fixed install setup but I cannot get it to work. I can hear the radio turning on and off when I open and close the app. The tuner is also showing up in the notification bar but it says "No tuner". The signal strength bar seems to be updating but no stations are playing or showing. I've tried pushing some of the buttons but that only causes the app to crash. Tuner also has superuser permission and I can access the settings just fine. I am able to control the radio through jamieb122's apps so I know everything is connected correctly. Are there any special setup/plug in orders? I tried uninstalling all other radio apps but still no luck.

Thanks again!

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm using Timur's 2013 kernel and posted in the support forum about adding a serial port driver. He (timur) said that the "kernel has CP210X and FTDI serial IO drivers added on top of the default kernel". I'm not too sure what this means but did you do anything in addition to the aforementioned? Timur said your new app should work so I appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
From what I have read, spirit depends on taping into the FM capabilities of the chipset. From the pages I've read (admittedly not all of them in the thread) all but one Nexus device are grounded in a way that makes it impossible for spirit to function properly. I always thought open source referred to software but I guess someone with the know how could make the hardware compatible, all by themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.