Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
If I need to get a Raspberry pie and an adder board I can do that. but since I am a permanent install the thought of wired is always better

As for the volume control I am using the USB-ROM from Timur with that my audio is through the USB-DAC and I am now curious how the volume is adjusted on the tablet for the HD tuner..

Thanks for the modifications, looking forward to trying out what you have. Any chances of other functionality from the Respberry PI that can be controleld from the tablet? like Amplifier on/off or any other basic switching?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any progress on the volume control? The HDRadio app looks great. I purchased a Nexus 7 and a Directed HD tuner to replace the factory head unit in my Sierra but haven't gotten past the volume control issue. i would love to hear if you've been able to solve it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, sorry I got real busy at work and put this on hold.....I just picked it back up and I am trying to make it wired. Unfortunately, I can't get mitchj's cable to be recognized by the current app. Are you all using mitch's cable or something else? If so, what version of Android are you running?

·
Registered
13 Posts
How the heck do you attach a file here?

Not a finished product at all.....but test this with mitches cable and let me know if it works on yours. I am running 4.4.4 with a 2013 nexus (got one for cheap). It should all work though. Also, I don't believe you need root for this. If you can tell me where to upload I will upload the current version.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I sent you email as well, I get a parsing error with 4.2.2 and it cannot install. I will need to pull the tablet out of the car to test it on my 4.4.4 Tablet.. the N7 2013 it installs but the tuner is connected to the 4.2.2 version

·
Banned
36 Posts
OK I got testing done, but the battery died in my car ...

Anyway

video 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4ZG1oWmpmaFliNm8/view?usp=sharing

the power button does not seem to work well.. I had to force close the app and restart (with unplugging the cable)

The Volume once in a once when pressing (-) with get super loud, then soft again..

A slider for tuning would be nice if possible in addition to what is there.

AM/FM switch seemed to work but got weird in the last video but I think that was my battery.. the volume and power were from when I first connected everything

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4LTJkdW9yTjdiVTg/view?usp=sharing

I was unable to test it with the tablet as I wanted to see if it worked with my android stick and App Radio, since that works that is what I will use

Android version was (4.4.2)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for the taking it for a test run, I hadn't even thought about running it on an appradio with an android stick....Which version AppRadio is that?

The power button is actually janky for a reason, the HD-Radio module requires three messages to actually power up: Power (On), Volume(some #) and (I think) a tune message (could be a mute off message though). Each one has to be sent with some arbitrary delay, seems to work best with about 300 ms in between resulting in a nasty pause when hitting power.

Other notes, the volume buttons can be long pressed (no need to tap). My radio started doing the really loud volume too....I'll take a look at it to see what it might be

You should look at getting UMD gesture control for killing the app and volume control. I have a gesture which pops up a volume controller (but I am assuming you use your App Radio for volume).

I'll take a look into the AM/FM band thing....shouldn't be too hard to integrate. I'll also take a look into a slide for tuning, might be a bit before I get that one done because I would want it to be more than a simple slider

Does overall stability seem better (as far as crashes) compared to bobd's version?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I'm pretty keen to give this app a try... I have a 2013 N7 with directed HD radio and Mitches USB cable and can give you as much feedback as you like!!

Do you have a link to the APK? if not you could email it to adrian . trademe @ gmail . com

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.