Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Developer
43 Posts
Application for n00bs to download and flash a recovery onto their phone with one-click!

- The phone must obviously be rooted prior to using the app (like you would need to root it to install manually
- When opening the application, it will automatically show an updated list of known recoveries for that phone model.
- Choose a recovery: CWM, Amon_RA, or even Stock Recovery... (list depending of the phone model)
- Click on "Flash" and the app will download the recovery for you (to SD card), ask for confirmation and flash it to your phone's recovery partition.

Screenshot on a Cliq

Review by CliqAnDroid:

Latest version available on the Android Market:

Some things are still missing, for the moment, like a custom app icon, and you may find some "debug" messages.

There are some known issues that I'll fix, but they don't impact the app functionality:
- the app will simply FC is you don't have network access (needed to download the list of recoveries).
- the app won't check either if there is an SD card inserted

Supported phones for now (check the Market for up-to-date list of supported devices):
- Motorola MB200: Cliq & Dext
- Motorola MB300: Backflip
- Motorola MB501: CliqXT & Quench
- HTC Glacier / MT4g
- LG GT540 Optimus (swift)

I'd appreciate if you test the app, and report any bug you may find. If you have an FC, please send me a logcat and explain me when it occured. Big thanks in advance.

View attachment 68

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Oh adlx.......always such great things from you
I have a new device now, but I'll still rate it...because it's from you so I know it works, lol.

·
Developer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm adding HTC MT4g these days, should be ready soon in the Market.

If you wanna see other devices added, tell me:

ro.product.manufacturer=
ro.product.model=

also, send me a link to all the recoveries you think should be added for that device (especially: stock recovery, CWM, Amon_RA?...)

Thanks in advance!

·
Developer
43 Posts
UPDATE: Added support for LG GT540 Optimus (swift), with the posibility to flash the following recoveries:

- CWM Recovery 4.0.1.4
- Amon_RA 2.2.1
- CWM Recovery 3.0.2.4
- Amon_RA 1.7.0.1

Btw, if you know other devices who could benefit from my app, PM me with:
- build.prop file from the phone,
- link to the most relevant recovery.img you know for the phone with name and version for each or better a link to a thread.
- if the recoveries aren't flashed using flash_image, please tell me the exact command that has to be used (from the phone, not from fastboot/adb).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts