Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
just wondering if the 16 gb is enough to handle the android port if/when it's ready... thanks

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
I actually don't know, but I would assume after the android port it will be the same as it is in cm7 now without an sd card option.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
I think that storage is shared. Just lot's of partitions. I'm not entirely sure on that though. Haven't gotten mine yet so I haven't played with one.

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
It's probably multiple partitions. And running android won't hurt it too much, unless you use it to playback FLAC or something. FLAC=pain to fit in mobile devices. Android maybe takes up 1-2GB at most?

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
"lenovo123 said:
Hey guys,
just wondering if the 16 gb is enough to handle the android port if/when it's ready... thanks
The most I've seen a android build was around 340ish MB. I bought a 16gb that's more than enough memory

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using RootzWiki Forums

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
1 flac album can be anywhere from 1-5gb. One time chance, might aswell pony up 50 bucks more for 2x storage.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
between local network streaming, internet streaming (Youtube, Pandora, etc), and Google Music... I don't see the need for more than 16GB... hell I have 32GB SD cards in both my Thunderbolt and Nook Color and I don't think I'm using more than 10GB put together.

·
Thriller
481 Posts
Personally, I don't think I'd use more than 10GB, considering I'd just stream music with Google if I wanted that, and I save most videos for my computer, so apps are gonna be the extent of my space.

·
Android Pimp
101 Posts
I Am Marino said:
Personally, I don't think I'd use more than 10GB, considering I'd just stream music with Google if I wanted that, and I save most videos for my computer, so apps are gonna be the extent of my space.
You better hope the android port works out if you want to do that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts