Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Well, Mike, that is a quick lesson on why u don't flash ruu's that haven't been fixed by the devs. It's like accepting an update from Big Red - official updates undo root. Re-root the phone and see your local Flashaholics Anonymous chapter. :)

·
Supporting Member
166 Posts
rngrrymd said:
Well, Mike, that is a quick lesson on why u don't flash ruu's that haven't been fixed by the devs. It's like accepting an update from Big Red - official updates undo root. Re-root the phone and see your local Flashaholics Anonymous chapter. :)
Yea, jumped the gun on that one, only due to comments on Droid-Life that root could be maintained...Lesson learned! Off to re-root...

·
Fighting Fraud
267 Posts
"mikeinrichmond said:
I seem to have lost root updating to this build. It says "locked" in H boot now and S-ON...Any help fellas?
There is no root available to gb releases yet so you are screwed

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Mike, dstu03 may have a point there. If u haven't done anything yet u might want to hold off for a little bit to be safe. Or at least investigate your situation some more before u act.

·
Supporting Member
166 Posts
Thanks guys, phone is at least working at this point, so I'll look into Revolutionary tomorrow. Doesn't really matter all that much, since I'll be getting the Vigor when it hits, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and I'll give it a shot after work....

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I didn't flash this but heard that the VM notifications are still not working. If you flash this and it rewrites your hboot to the "locked" hboot revolutionary should still be able to root the phone again, just like it has for the other leaked RUUs

1 - 20 of 36 Posts