115 Posts
Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Hello, everyone,

Since Team Nightmare got CM added to Cyanogenmod's supportable devices for the HTC Ruby, Cyanogenmod team is producing nightlies.

This is simply a slightly modified version for your enjoyment. I won't put out a version every time a nightly lands, but fairly often.

It is alpha, so bugs are likely - use at your own risk.

Here is what is different from stock:

- modified build prop for speed.
- Nova replaces the trebuchet launcher
- 4.2 clock, camera, keyboard, calculator
- added missing libs ** until they are included in nightly builds
- Titanium Backup, Power Toggles, Amazon App Store, Rewire Pro (in place of DSP).
- 4g icons in status bar
- lockscreen weather icons from IconsBest Sense.
- better gps.conf for quicker position acquisition
- hosts files updated for ad control

Here is what I recommend for install:

1. full wipe
2. reboot recovery
3. install rom
4. reboot recovery
5. install 20121011 version of gapps from goo.im. You can also try my modified gapps with updated apps ==> http://d-h.st/ZLO
6. reboot system

If you like inverted gapps, you can reboot into recovery and flash JusTunBeans latest CM10 Quickflash pack after step 5 above.

If you're into 4.2 apps on 4.1, try this gapps package...

Download Here --> http://d-h.st/RWv

Previous build 1/20/2013 -http://d-h.st/AUp

Addons,anyone?

Unofficial Reference Build:
Source - 1/11 Unofficial
Date of Release 2/3/2013
Download Here --) http://d-h.st/LGT
Not Working - camcorder (no workaround), volume settings do not stick (use Volume Locker that is included).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Changelog:
Code:
<br />
2013.02.24 - Built from 2/24 Official nightly.  Updated apps. <br />
2013.01.23 - Built from 1/20 nightly.  Updated apps, included media profiles for 1080p recording.<br />
2013.01.18 - Built from 1/14 nightly.  Did not swap in unofficial kernel this time, so usb back to the CM approved way.  <br />
2013.01.18 - ReBuild of 1/11 unofficial to fix sound on calls. [URL=http://d-h]http://d-h[/URL].st/2Sw"]http://d-h.st/2Sw<br />
2013.01.11 - Built from 1/11 unofficial this time.  <br />
2013.01.07 - Built from 1/7 nightly... incorporates 12/28 unofficial kernel to gain usb fix.  BT and everything else still works.  Updated Nova and Titanium.<br />
2013.01.01 - Built from 1/1 nightly... Updates on Nova, Rewire Pro, others, and my custom APNS.conf with TMo MMS correctly filled in.  Other stuff I forgot.<br />
2012.12.28 - Built from 12/28 nightly... updated a couple of packages, changed the weather icons to Sense style,  included the storage fix, and found a few libs missing that I inserted.  <br />
2012.12.24 - Built from 12/24 nightly...  No device specific changes noted in the gerrit, but plenty of basic CM changes.<br />
2012.12.13 - Built from 12/10 released nightly.<br />
2012.12.10 - Nova Launcher updated<br />
2012.12.09 - Inserted audio routing fix; fixed power toggles<br />
2012.12.08 - initial release of modded cm10 1207 version.<br />
Special Thanks to:

Team Nightmare with a shoutout to Ziggy and SportsStar
Intervigil for Ril and other assistance

·
Registered
115 Posts
Known Issues
  • 4.2 camera fc's on camcorder 1080p mode.; probably other issues as well.
  • Location is not perfect in cm yet. Make sure to select Internal GPS in settings. I also have to calibrate my compass every time I load from scratch, then it behaves a little better. GPS Status included in build for this purpose.
  • Volume/audio routing? Specifically, bt phone audio routing not working.
  • External SD card does not mount over usb. Can be remedied by using mk4 kernel (see XDA).
  • USB tether not working. Use wifi tether...
  • Battery charging LED may turn green prematurely. Disconnect from charger for a minute and then reconnect usually fixes it.
  • Volume settings seem not to stick - use a program like Volume Locker as a temporary fix.
  • Program BuzzOff doesn't seem to work until you enable Quiet Hours in Settings/Sound
  • Other CM related bugs not yet fixed.
Thanks!

Addons

- 1/22/2013 enable 1080p recording by placing this xml file in system/etc, and setting permissions. Credits to Cila on xda. This file is submitted to the CM team already for inclusion in future builds.
- 1/22/2013 turn off capacitive lights and stop the screen bleed. Put this (unzipped, of course) file in system/etc/init.d and set permissions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like your version better than plain CM.

The plain CM camera will not focus on video record.

I guess I also like to the folder views from Nova launcher.

Waiting for your next version.

I wonder what the change from Dec 7 to 10 is?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like your version better than plain CM.

The plain CM camera will not focus on video record.

I guess I also like to the folder views from Nova launcher.

Waiting for your next version.

I wonder what the change from Dec 7 to 10 is?

Thanks again.
Thank you.

As far as I can tell, the gerrit only included the audio csv's that I already had in the latest build, and a couple of readme changes.

I'll be posting the update today.

Although CM has some issues, I do like how well it integrates all the google stuff.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot for the hard work
E u planning on theming it

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Some minor theming, if 4.2 based cm doesn't come out first. I've already tried some mods in framework, but I can't get it to recompile.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there anything that can be done to get the 4.2 camera app working better for photo sphere?

The align screen just rolls around, and when it finally starts taking pics it never looks good.
lol! You and I were thinking the same thing. I think on the next build, I'll just leave the stock CM camera.

The folks porting the 4.2 camera seem to have stopped/slowed down their work quite a bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am jumping ship to a nexus 4 in January.
I've been tempted, but I have data limits both at home and on my TMo contracts that make me hesitate to buy a new smartphone without a memory card slot. Between my onboard and memory card now, I'm utilizing around 40gb...

I have ATT as a provider at home, and they count local network traffic in addition to internet traffic in their computations on allowable data. My Tmo contract is limited to 2gb per mo. It goes a lot faster than you think when you stream netflix, hulu, pandora etc.

I'm not convinced about phones without replaceable batteries either. I guess millions of iphone users prove me wrong though.... lol!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been tempted, but I have data limits both at home and on my TMo contracts that make me hesitate to buy a new smartphone without a memory card slot. Between my onboard and memory card now, I'm utilizing around 40gb...

I have ATT as a provider at home, and they count local network traffic in addition to internet traffic in their computations on allowable data. My Tmo contract is limited to 2gb per mo. It goes a lot faster than you think when you stream netflix, hulu, pandora etc.

I'm not convinced about phones without replaceable batteries either. I guess millions of iphone users prove me wrong though.... lol!
I am using this ROM as my daily driver. I know how 2Gb goes by fast. On one ROM reload I forgot to set download on wifi only for Doggcatcher and in a morning I used up 3.8Gb. I had $100 in extra data charges that month. I use beyondpod now, and gotten better with titanium backup.

The Amaze used to freeze with the HTC/TELUS rom. Actually with CM everything seems to work fine, I get the odd time it wouldn't let me answer an incoming phone once.

I hope it will not be a mistake to get the Nexus 4, I know no SDcard slot could be a problem. Why can't they invent a SIM card that is also a memory card? I have a good plan $15 for unlimited local/LD calling, unlimited texting, 2Gb data, Call id, voicemail,etc.

On the Jan 1st version it says you filled in the Tmob MMS info, with it work with TELUS?

Paul

1 - 20 of 49 Posts