Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Okay, here's a mix of the unofficial build from Sportsstar and company. It's based off the 01/05 build.

http://d-h.st/lTi

I'm putting it here because feedback on xda is that some things are broken that were working in the 12/28 unofficial build from him.

Have fun!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Browser closes on it's own. No FC message.

Reboot phone with headphone jack plugged in, it doesn't notice the jack being plugged in during playback.

Invisible keyboard after awhile but I am using Flow beta.

That's all for now

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yep. all known issues with CM10 currently. I had to take a break and went back to Sense based ROM. Trying to help hunt down some solutions for Evervolv on XDA too, lol...

- Browser... clear data on the app, try again. If it's the chrome browser - known issue... Frankly, Opera is still a step above both chrome and the default browser.
- I get the keyboard thing on regular Swiftkey as well. It's something with the graphics that needs improvement.
- Headphones - known issue. Have to unplug, and re-plug in.
- Echo on calls, video recording, etc known issues.

It looks like unofficial builds have improved a bit recently. I may make another mix based on that. Unfortunately, bt and volume fix is still pending some updates from dclackam - which should eliminate the video recording issue too.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
New build up.

If you find bugs, go to this link to list them.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PzsJhXG0veS7DnyVvbudUVS98j-w4aue9l1m-AaGkvY/edit?pli=1 (courtesy of ziggy46)

Reports on XDA contend that a more completely functional BT is available by flashing the BTFix from dclackam. USB fix and audio improvements are already built-in.
Jeepers, just flashed your latest build and the sound is all garbled and distorted. Please double check. Thanks

Sent from my Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jeepers, just flashed your latest build and the sound is all garbled and distorted. Please double check. Thanks

Yeah. Just noticed that myself.

dclackams fixes did not make it into the unofficial build.

Try this zip (flashable) from him... http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=3020

I'm about to myself.

- just added to ziggy46's bug doc a couple of things I noticed - including the above.

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
Yeah. Just noticed that myself.

dclackams fixes did not make it into the unofficial build.

Try this zip (flashable) from him... http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=3020

I'm about to myself.

- just added to ziggy46's bug doc a couple of things I noticed - including the above.
Jeepers did the sound fix zip file work? I had to revert back to the 1-11 unofficial build.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Jeepers did the sound fix zip file work? I had to revert back to the 1-11 unofficial build.

I just tried to place a call, and had the same issue. Nope didn't work. And you're right, it makes it almost unusable.

Funny thing is, the 1/11 unofficial build is the base for the current ROM, and I didn't change any of the audio related files.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Okay, tried an experiment, and wiped the device, and reloaded just the base ROM without GApps, and with the changed audio files. Still get sound distortion really bad.

Hmm... Anyway, I re-added the 1/07 build URL to the 1st post underneath this current ROM.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So, this has been bugging me. I've never cooked a ROM that didn't turn out better than what I started with.

To that end:
1. I wiped my device and loaded the original unofficial build
2. Applied BT fix
3 Applied Sound fix
4. rebooted.

Did a test call... and voila! no distortion.

I did add some missing libs, and applied my build.prop tweaks, and those are the only things I can think might have had anything to do with it.

So, I'm building a new one with all the fixes integrated, and will test it shortly. If it works, will be posting it soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
New Official based build up from the 01/14 nightly.

Video recording works as long as you don't use 1080p.

Video playback works.

Web browser works, netflix works, etc.

Voice on calls is working lol!

I didn't put any missing libs in this one. It is probably one of the least modified by me, but still has most of the mix ingredients.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.