Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The other board has tons of great stock-based ROMs for the Amaze. I've been using my own ROM for some time, and though I would share here for those interested. This is neither a stripped-down ROM, nor a stock ROM. It is modified with most HTC apps/widgets removed, and Nova Launcher built in. I have included the Rosie.apk for those that still like sense, although you will find all the widgets gone.

ibvuA9nHSqgnqQ.jpg

Updated 06.30.2013 version

Download Link -->http://d-h.st/vQe
http://d-h.st/8t1 - 6/20 version

Addon:
Transparent Statusbar - Thanks to Justin Lamantia for helping with this one!

·
Registered
115 Posts

Changelog
Code:
<br />
06.30.2013 - Updated apps, tweaked gps_conf back in, and cloudskipper for music.<br />
06.20.2013 - Updated apps, replaced sense calendar with google calendar.  Updated SuperSU to latest.<br />
04.29.2013 - Updated on new TMO released base. Updated apps, etc.<br />
02.22.2013 - Latest Faux kernel and updated apps.<br />
01.12.2013 - Modified APN-conf for more successful mms, and updated apps.  <br />
12.19.2012 - Faux's latest kernel as aroma option.<br />
12.16.2012 - Apps update.  <br />
11.19.2012 - Aroma installer now added with faux kernel option, and capacitive lights on/off.  Other stuff too.  See changelog in Aroma.<br />
11.13.2012 - Updated to 4.0.4 base (from Ville C2), updated a couple of apps, removed some bloat.<br />
11.08.2012 - Added themed dialer (courtesy of yimi369 on XDA), removed Google Now since it is no longer in development for ICS.  <br />
11.05.2012 - AOSP calendar not functioning correctly - replaced it with original HTC calendar.<br />
11.02.2012 - Included Energy Tweaks, updated some apps - including some Nexus 4 apps.<br />
10.22.2012 - Fixed Phone FC, updated some apps.  <br />
10.18.2012 - Initial Release.<br />
<br />
FAQ -

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks sweet, tried running it but keep getting the error Unfortunately, Phone has stopped. /:
Yeah. I tried to use a themed htc phone and dialer apk that is causing this. If you have the stock versions, place them in the system/app folder and set permissions.

I have an updated version that fixes it, but the upload has failed a couple of times.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, new load up - in first post. Replaced Phone.apk, HTC Dialer, and HTC Contacts with originals. I've tested this on my wife's amaze (S-On), and mine (S-Off), and no issues with FCs.

I recommend full wipe before installing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can delete the lines in system/etc/init.post_boot.sh after line 4 or so to get your button lights back. Or place the version I attached into the specified directory. You will need to unzip it first.

The "energy tweaks" will not be functional. I used Brolic's transparent notification background, and that part of his theme stuck with it. Haven't figured out how to strip it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was reading on the Amaze XDA forums that the Amaze has the same radios as the new Nexus 4? Your thoughts?

What about adding the new 4.2 Camera?
4.2 camera is in this latest release. It's pretty good.

Excited about the Nexus news too. If I had a better Internet connection, I'd probably be trying to hack it already - lol!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.