Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The photosphere works in the camera but the gallery app will not show when you press the photosphere button.
I think this is because the camera was made for the new Nexus, and that screen is bigger. If you swipe to the left (from right to left) in the app, it takes you to the gallery on all modes.

When you switch between modes, a gallery icon briefly shows in the upper left. But touching there does nothing but focus the camera in that spot.

I haven't tried the camcorder on this one. How does it do?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
New build up. Back to HTC TMO camera and gallery due to the inconsistency in performance of the 4.2 android gallery/camera. Updated some apps, and changed to the 4.0.4 ics base from Ville C2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just tried flashing this rom (so excited to find another new ROM), and after doing all the standard wipes and flashing, my phone seems to be stuck on the initial "HTC" screen. Just wondering if the updated ROm is corrupt or if im doing somethign wrong. i really want to try this out!

thanks for the hard work, glad to see the amaze isnt completely dead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great ROM. Glad you got rid 4.2 Camera/gallery, photos here was cool but never worked perfectly.

Did you ever think that of using Aroma installer to select different install options etc. I.e if you want these soft keys illuminated. Etc.

I usually end up installing Faux kernel 23vb6 with the Aroma installer, do you know if any of the kernels have been updated with the fixed wifi firmware? I think the newest version is 2.14.661.2. I seem to have problems with Actiontec V1000H router and wifi. I can only concern to router by turning router off then on again. And the wifi drops off occasionally and reconnect.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey just tried flashing this rom (so excited to find another new ROM), and after doing all the standard wipes and flashing, my phone seems to be stuck on the initial "HTC" screen. Just wondering if the updated ROm is corrupt or if im doing somethign wrong. i really want to try this out!

thanks for the hard work, glad to see the amaze isnt completely dead.
If you're on ICS already, should flash just fine.

Are you s-off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you're on ICS already, should flash just fine.

Are you s-off?
for some reason the file didn't download correctly, not sure how that happened but i re-downloaded, re-flashed and everything is gravy :)

Great rom man, i love it and havent found any problems at all with it really. flashed faux kernel v023b5 and my battery is awesome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I noticed one problem that could be a bug.

Usually when I install a new ROM once I have signed into Google, all my saved wifi APs would be restored. This time I had to enter all my APs manually.

Otherwise an excellent ROM.

When I try Awesome Beats I don't notice any audio change. How about https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro for audio eq & effects?

Could you include Titanium Backup free?

Back to my suggestion of Aroma installer, it could be used to pick soft keys illuminated or not, different icons in the status bar, etc.

The GPS & Bluetooth icons are also little too fancy, not quite functional enough. Hard to tell if BT is on or off sometimes. Don't take it the wrong way, it is still the best ROM for Amaze.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I noticed one problem that could be a bug.

Usually when I install a new ROM once I have signed into Google, all my saved wifi APs would be restored. This time I had to enter all my APs manually.

Otherwise an excellent ROM.

When I try Awesome Beats I don't notice any audio change. How about https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro for audio eq & effects?

Could you include Titanium Backup free?

Back to my suggestion of Aroma installer, it could be used to pick soft keys illuminated or not, different icons in the status bar, etc.

The GPS & Bluetooth icons are also little too fancy, not quite functional enough. Hard to tell if BT is on or off sometimes. Don't take it the wrong way, it is still the best ROM for Amaze.

Thanks,

Paul
Working on aroma installer. Hopefully have it ready in the next couple days.

Will include titanium next time (one of my favorites too :D). I am also working on an alternative beats implementation.

I re flashed on Saturday, and could not duplicate the wifi APN issue. Will keep an eye on it though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
24 Posts
One problem, MMS doesn't work.

Plain SMS works.

Not caused by this Rom, having problems connecting to Actiontec routers. Did the recently released source code from HTC make its way into any ROMS out there?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
One problem, MMS doesn't work.

Plain SMS works.

Not caused by this Rom, having problems connecting to Actiontec routers. Did the recently released source code from HTC make its way into any ROMS out there?
Hmm... Don't have this problem myself.

Try to adjust the APN settings according to this link... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34814978&postcount=1421

This is probably the best APN settings adjustment from stock I've ever tried.

I'm experimenting with the CM10 build that Team Nightmare put up. Haven't tried MMS on that one yet. Then again, I mostly use a version of Go SMS that still has free local/cloud backup (current ones require an annual fee). Go has always worked very well on any ROM I've tried it on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update released. Just an apps update, so no need to wipe if you are already running this ROM. See changelog in aroma for details on apps updated.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts