Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Status:: Alpha

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Hello, Everyone,

I am now compiling from source (6/30).

Consider this 'alpha', as it still has a lot of bugs.

Known bugs at this time... (07/21/2013)

- Reboots. Mostly fixed....
- Initial data connection setup is temperamental.
- GPS does not work correctly... but, a workaround has been identified that works, will up it in the next build... [must run "sysinit" after every boot, and toggle gps; or, use scriptmanager to run 'sysinit' at each boot, and toggle gps] 4.x.xxxx builds and newer. Fixed

Included in this build that varies from Andrews official nightly...

- Pmem fixes compiled in.
- MTP compiled in and set to default option on usb config. Enables you to see both internal and external sd when connected to your computer.
- ES file explorer
- gps tweak.
- Ad control
- build.prop tweaks for speed and battery.

Test it out and see.

You will need the appropriate gapps for this build. Find it on goo.im, or use my more updated version here.

DOWNLOAD HERE ==> http://d-h.st/ky8

Previous Build ==> http://d-h.st/tZj

Code:
<br />
Changelog:<br />
07.20.2013 - GPS, BT are now fixed in source. Pmem fix submitted to source. MTP testing in this build for push back to source.<br />
06.30.2013 - Compiled from source.  Varies from official nightly in that swap enabled in kernel. No extra apps at this time. Compiling and attempting to squash bugs is more of a priority.<br />
05.31.2013 - Based pm 5/31 nightly. Bare bones build... Just titanium, and esfile explorer included, but tweaks and workarounds/fixes there.<br />
04.29.2013 - Based on 4/23 nightly. Fixes/workarounds included.  Kernel somewhat stable, but still get random reboots occassionally.<br />
04.03.2013 - Based on 3/26 nightly. Includes phone bt fix. Smanager included to get the GPS workaround running. More I'm probably forgetting.<br />
03.09.2013 - Based on 3/9 nightly.  Included SManager (free version) so you can automate init.d script run at boot.<br />
03.04.2013 - Based on 3/4 nightly.  init.d script for GPS slightly changed.  Open terminal, run 'su' then 'sysinit' after boot, toggle gps, enjoy (or use smanager to run at boot for automation.<br />
02.28.2013 - Build 2 of the 2/26 nightly with workaround for GPS included.<br />
02.26.2013 - Initial release.<br />

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jeepers007 for this build. How do I add your init.d script for the GPS fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Place it in etc/init.d folder and set permissions. Then reboot, toggle your gps off/on, and check gps status or google maps. If you see the target sign in the status bar, you know gps is now on.

Build.prop on this build already had the agps call-outs in it, so nothing to add there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Newer build up.

Andrew Boren has the bt phone audio fix submitted for acceptance. We should also see some increased velocity in the remaining bugs since CM10.1 is coming along as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the news is that I am now compiling from source. I put the link up to the latest build I compiled today.

Sorry I did not include my extra apps. Perhaps I will slip those in, or release an addon pack.

I'm still testing, but GPS is still not perfect. I've been hunting all the configs, and doing a comparison to CM10.1, and have not found anything yet to explain why the permissions change works to enable gps on this build.

The evervolv team has been making a lot of changes the msm8660_common, and it seems to have added some reboots to the mix.

I'm looking into it, but this is all a learning curve for me.

Anyway, enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts