We've seen quite a few red-dominant themes for the 2014 CyanogenMod Theme Engine, but Brad Bertolotti (Sparkyman in the Play Store) has a unique take on it. Far from the usual fire engine red, Sparkyman uses a more of a muted rose hue and contrasts it with various mid-to-dark grey shades with a touch of Holo and steel blue, and some white elements.

What makes Flatred pop

Sparkyman's unique take on red combined with the use of mid-to-dark grey shades (as opposed to the blacks favored by many themers who use red highlights) is what makes Flatred stand out among its peers. It's not a red-grey duo-tone theme because of the subtle Holo blue, steel blue and white flourishes, these evidently meant to prevent legibility issues from arising. Also, the included icons are of a very interesting design that nicely complements the overall theme. Sparkyman told me he was thinking of releasing the icons as a standalone launcher theme, so here's hoping it comes to fruition.

What's themed

Sparkyman gives the following list of items themed in his Play Store description:
mms
playstore
hangouts
Google now (Thanks to darryl dillon)
play music
system
framework
calculator
clock
people
dialer (Thanks to darryl dillon for help on buttons part)
The text from the description hardly does the theme justice, so I included the following gallery of screenshots from my time reviewing it:

If you want a more extensive icon set to go with your Flatred theme (until Sparkyman hopefully releases his own), I found Axis by Stealthychief to be a complementary choice (no, not complimentary - the oft-updated and over 1,800-strong icon pack goes for a very reasonable $1.99 in the Play Store). I encourage you to judge for yourself:

The Flatred CM11 theme is available for $1.99 in the Play Store.

The Flatred CM11 theme is available for $1.99 in the Play Store.​