Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.3 (ICS)

Source::
Based on Team Nightmare's Sense4 port v1.4

Sensed stripped to bare-bones. Great battery life, AOSP-like feel with Nova Launcher

DOWNLOAD --> http://d-h.st/RKV

Tweaked GPS
Venom Blue AOSP Theme from the sensation
APM/EQS
Nova Launcher
HTC Dialer/Contacts retained
Transparent status bar

Not working correctly
Bluetooth

·
Registered
115 Posts
Notes:
- There is no startup wizard with this ROM. You will need to go into locations under settings, and enable what you normally use - as an example.
- Lockscreen. No HTC lockscreen means caller id info will likely not show behinds stock lock screen. Use a 3rd party lockscreen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Notes:
- There is no startup wizard with this ROM. You will need to go into locations under settings, and enable what you normally use - as an example.
- Lockscreen. No HTC lockscreen means caller id info will likely not show behinds stock lock screen. Use a 3rd party lockscreen.
I use the WidgetLocker from the same people as Nova launcher.

Is the Bluetooth not working due to kernel? I need Bluetooth so I'll wait a bit.

I am trying Speed Rom 8.0 right now with faux 123 v23b5. I always use Nova launcher after because I don't like Apex.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use the WidgetLocker from the same people as Nova launcher.

Is the Bluetooth not working due to kernel? I need Bluetooth so I'll wait a bit.

I am trying Speed Rom 8.0 right now with faux 123 v23b5. I always use Nova launcher after because I don't like Apex.
Bt is buggy. I'm hoping team nightmare figures it out and releases a new base soon. I tried swapping some files from sense 3.6 with no luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I re-uploaded, and the file is the same md5 as the one in this post. Has to be a bad download, or corrupt partitions. You may need to reload the stock TMO rom, then go custom again. I had to do this recently on both my wife's phone and mine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks jeepers007, before I take the plunge, does Wi Fi tethering work?
I notice most developers have not been able to fix it on sense 4.0 for the Amaze as yet.
Likely not. I haven't tried it myself.

Sportsstar89 and team nightmare are about to release a new update. Hopefully I can update this shortly after.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jeepers I cannot even flash the PH85IMG.zip using 4EXT. This is probably why I cant flash the rom. Can you suggest a solution?
Okay, I downloaded from devhost link in the first post, and you are correct. Strange that I've uploaded twice with the same MD5 and this issue appears. I am going to re-up now. Give it a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Btw, thanks to scrubsja for being persistent with me on this. Sorry for the d/l issues it caused everyone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I downloaded from devhost link in the first post, and you are correct. Strange that I've uploaded twice with the same MD5 and this issue appears. I am going to re-up now. Give it a couple of hours.

Thanks!
Re-Uploaded. Enjoy!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey man! love this rom, having trouble setting a ringtone at all crashes settings all together and the music effects?
Yeah.. on these stripped roms, it's easy to run into stuff like this.

For the ringtone, re-install the attached file by doing the following:
Rename the .zip to .apk
paste into system/app folder
set permissions to rwrr
clear cache and dalvik, reboot

Awesome beats doesn't play well with non-aosp, cm9/10 roms.. It works well enough with HTC, but selecting the Sounds menu from within the Settings app will cause an error.

You should be able to find the Awesome Beats app in your menu and launch that, however.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, 1.6 doesn't fix bluetooth. So it will be a bit longer before a new release.

I've tried the other 4.0 based Sense ROMS, and BT is a no-go on those as well. At least for me.

Apparently, some ROM users have had success with BT... but far more have had no luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.