Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts

Here is the update from lh2 to ma1 jb for the stellar. To apply here's the steps I took.​
Backed up internal storage and flashed my LH2 ODIN ONE-CLICK.(its based off the lh2 tar for kies so it will wipe on reboot.)​
After it booted I used invisiblek's root method in dev section.​
Once that was done I installed invisiblek's kexec twrp (although i imagine any custom recovery will do) using adb.(commands below).​
From there I rebooted straight to twrp and applied the ** JB update.​
Once finished I flashed my root zip.​
End result is total stock JB with root.
** The JB update here is legit and will flash in the stock recovery if you are unmodified.

EVERYTHING MENTIONED ABOVE (in order)
My LH2 ODIN OC
root method
Invisiblek Kexec TWRP

JB UPDATE
my root zip
___________________________________________________________________​
COMMANDS TO APPLY TWRP VIA ADB
adb push recovery-TWRP-2.2.2.0-kexec-jaspervzw-v4.img /sdcard/
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-TWRP-2.2.2.0-kexec-jaspervzw-v4.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18​
________________________________________________________________​
*****As said previously I do not own this phone so i cannot provide much support but this is pretty clear cut. I must add and please correct me if im wrong here, as what happened with the s3, the update to JB will update the bootloader and how the flash count works. Whats that mean for you? Flashing a custom recovery regardless of method used will up the count to 1, but there is a way to to reset it for the stellar, Unfortunately you must go find it yourself on androidfilehost.com by searching Stellar-Triangle-Away.apk​

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks. Going to try this on my daughters stellar this weekend. It's rooted with custom recovery so it won't take the update itself. Shes pissed at me cuz it won't update. Lol but she didnt complain when I removed all that bloat.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Going to try this on my daughters stellar this weekend. It's rooted with custom recovery so it won't take the update itself. Shes pissed at me cuz it won't update. Lol but she didnt complain when I removed all that bloat.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Lol my lil cousin is the same way about his. Every lil problem is because i rooted it. But of course loved removing that verizon bloat. And before attempting reread the op as im about to update with an easier method. And the end result will be JB with root.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the jb update significant over ics? I'm just wondering if this is worth replacing my current ics style rom with. What's new with it?
Looks wise, i mean touchwiz is touchwiz. But as what happened with the s3 when it got jellybean, performance gets a nice kick in the ass. Plus being on jellybean and keeping root you can install the GN2 popup browser on it which is a plus

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What am I missing? I've done a ton of reading and experimenting, I have odin, and the one click ih2 posted in this, but I can't seem to get Odin to recognize the file, i have odin 3.06 which is looking for a tar md5 smd gz tgz

I'm getting pretty frustrated, i want to debrand my verizion sch-i200 and strip it back and root it

once I extract the zip so that it's folders and what not, do i repack them as a .tar ?? It seems to be a bit of information that's apparently common knowledge with flashing that's omitted from 99.9% of turorials and I can't seem to find that 0.01% that actually explains that part :\

1 - 17 of 17 Posts