Android OS Forum banner
181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man, you know I've always loved this _theme_ but haven't been too keen on the whole AOKPCB rom thing. But as I am sure you remember from IRC I touted many times the idea of a theme chooser for CM9/AOKP etc to make portability so much frickin easier, and got a lot of flack about it. Low and behold, the NEXT release of AOKP had the Theme Chooser from CM9. hehe

So, I would LOVE if you guys would produce a theme chooser version. Thanks ahead of time bro,
plus one for theme chooser, i would buy it in a second...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
plus one for theme chooser, i would buy it in a second...
Hey guys, thanks for your enthusiasm about a Theme Chooser version. I was actually working on it ALL day yesterday, however it appears that certain elements still cannot be styled as much as a traditional theme (or what's in AOKPCB right now). Anyways, I'm quite close and I will do my best to release it ASAP. I suppose I can always update it through the market, so it's not necessarily written in stone once I upload it.

I'll post up another note with progress and hopefully some market links soon! Cheers + Thanks!

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
NEWS: Did a test cycle of the builds, lots of failures
... will fix them as I get time this week, gonna be real busy with family obligations though so it may take a few days. Sorry for the delay, we will be up and running again asap :)

Sent from AOKPCB & Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

·
AOKPCB Fan
275 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your enthusiasm about a Theme Chooser version. I was actually working on it ALL day yesterday, however it appears that certain elements still cannot be styled as much as a traditional theme (or what's in AOKPCB right now). Anyways, I'm quite close and I will do my best to release it ASAP. I suppose I can always update it through the market, so it's not necessarily written in stone once I upload it.

I'll post up another note with progress and hopefully some market links soon! Cheers + Thanks!
Hopefully the Theme Chooser version isn't going to completely replace the AOKPCB ROM approach. I actually am a huge fan of the direction you and remicks took when you decided to turn this theme into a full-blown ROM. It's just such a convenient way for me to satisfy my neurotic need for a daily (more or less) without having to build it myself. I <3 flashing.

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Hopefully the Theme Chooser version isn't going to completely replace the AOKPCB ROM approach. I actually am a huge fan of the direction you and remicks took when you decided to turn this theme into a full-blown ROM. It's just such a convenient way for me to satisfy my neurotic need for a daily (more or less) without having to build it myself. I <3 flashing.
We have no plans to stop building AOKPCB, if anything the theme chooser option will enable us to provide a better end user experience overall :)

·
Android Beginner
24 Posts
Are you going to make two versions, one for the t-mobile theme engine and another for aokp? I was reading MR H3LLMAN porting his aokp theme to theme chooser and it doesn't support some xml changes apparently. Love the previews btw, gona test on xperia paly's aokp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I flashed one of the nightlies for the HTC Sensation, and I just want to say that the theme is absolutely beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen such a well-done and complete theme before. Thanks a lot!

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Are you going to make two versions, one for the t-mobile theme engine and another for aokp? I was reading MR H3LLMAN porting his aokp theme to theme chooser and it doesn't support some xml changes apparently. Love the previews btw, gona test on xperia paly's aokp.
*PHEW* - after wrestling with T-Mobile Theme Chooser, test version after test version, for days and days, I have finally built a version that is qualified of a 'release' :) The note about Theme Chooser not supporting certain XML edits is true, so the T-Mobile version of my theme is slightly different.

I know that PCB Blue comes as a standard in AOKPCB (and it will continue to), but please consider purchasing the T-Mobile theme in case you switch ROMs, and/or as a sign of support for the massive amount of work that has gone into this whole PCB project.

Last but not least, here is the link to the RootzWiki thread, where you can discuss this particular PCB Theme Version, along with finding links to the Google Play app and dedicated PCB Mini-Site pages.

[Theme] PCB Blue (NEW!) ⋮░⋮ Circuit Boards for Theme Chooser (T-Mobile)

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, support, and just plain ol' using our stuff! :D

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
NEWS: Bacon is cooking, nothing real special for now, just testing a build cycle to see if I fixed a major problem

Sent from AOKPCB & Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

·
Android Beginner
199 Posts
Hope the theme chooser gets updated now that the nav bar background can be themed.

Also, just wanted to say that it sucks that the PCB stuff had to be taken out of Mixer.

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
Just a heads up for you guys, gonna be starting testing for our R2 release here very soon. New builds should be going up within the next few hours, so keep your eyes peeled!

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
OK all, teeny tiny post to let you know that we just dropped R2 on the scene. I am out of steam completely as it has been a lot of work for us over the past few days. We'll be in touch, but new nightlies may not appear for the next few days (not much will change, as R2 has a slew of goodies for your enjoyment!)

Cheers, and please spread the word + let us know your experience with R2!

·
The Lost Junglist
602 Posts
OK all, teeny tiny post to let you know that we just dropped R2 on the scene. I am out of steam completely as it has been a lot of work for us over the past few days. We'll be in touch, but new nightlies may not appear for the next few days (not much will change, as R2 has a slew of goodies for your enjoyment!)

Cheers, and please spread the word + let us know your experience with R2!
Also on that note, the official releases of R2 will be available at http://goo.im/devs/TeamBroccoli/R2 as well as on the nightlies server and the mini-site

·
Android Enthusiast
244 Posts
Just bought the PCB Blue Theme Chooser Theme - looking forward to giving it a go...

Hmm...just tried to switch to it, and got an error, "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied. Please report this incident to the theme author." I'm on AOKP B37 & I've been using NateModz' Red theme.

Switched to stock, then to Blue PCB, and it still failed.

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Just bought the PCB Blue Theme Chooser Theme - looking forward to giving it a go...

Hmm...just tried to switch to it, and got an error, "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied. Please report this incident to the theme author." I'm on AOKP B37 & I've been using NateModz' Red theme.

Switched to stock, then to Blue PCB, and it still failed.
Hi SeanRinVA,

Thanks for the purchase, but sorry to hear you're having problems. Did you REBOOT after you applied the "System" theme, then try applying PCB Blue once you booted back into Android? Please give that a shot and tell me how it works out. I think these 'bugs' are from within the actual Theme Chooser Engine itself (most themes suffer from this).

@ALL, I have moved the Official downloads over to goo.im solely, which should make things easier for us to maintain/update, plus save some bandwidth on my server.

Hope everyone is enjoying R2!!

·
AOKPCB Fan
275 Posts
I haven't seen anyone else report this, but there is one thing that's been bothering me since I started experimenting with the paid theme chooser version. Applying the theme changes the default battery icon to the circle mod (as expected). That part doesn't bother me. So switching between "icon only" and "circle mod" visually shows the same thing, which I get. But the thing that's driving me nuts is that the two choices show radically different battery% numbers. Am I the only user seeing this? It's something I've seen across multiple theme chooser versions and multiple aokpcb nightlies.

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
I haven't seen anyone else report this, but there is one thing that's been bothering me since I started experimenting with the paid theme chooser version. Applying the theme changes the default battery icon to the circle mod (as expected). That part doesn't bother me. So switching between "icon only" and "circle mod" visually shows the same thing, which I get. But the thing that's driving me nuts is that the two choices show radically different battery% numbers. Am I the only user seeing this? It's something I've seen across multiple theme chooser versions and multiple aokpcb nightlies.
Hi zvogt, I just tested this and can confirm what you're seeing. FWIW, the "Circle MOD" option shows the _correct_ percentage, while the "ICON" one does not. It's most likely something in my XML so I will surely take a look and aim to fix it.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
@Scar45 Hey dude just stumbled across this thread and see you have a theme for my tf201!!!!! Man thanks downloading it now, will give you feedback. Soooooo missed having your theme. A little something something will on your way :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime using Tapatalk 2

181 - 200 of 224 Posts