Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Lover
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am hoping to get some help from all you helpful members :)

I have a droid 2 global, and I just bought my lady a HTC incredible 2.
Well I ran speedtest on both and am now stumped. I used to get good speed. After several tests, averaging on mine about 200 to 300 down. Her inc2 averaged 1. 3 or so. both Verizon and sitting right next to each other. I think its throttled because has been this way on several roms, places.. pleaseeeeee help me get back up to normal guys :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
slimpirudude said:
Hey guys I am hoping to get some help from all you helpful members :)

I have a droid 2 global, and I just bought my lady a HTC incredible 2.
Well I ran speedtest on both and am now stumped. I used to get good speed. After several tests, averaging on mine about 200 to 300 down. Her inc2 averaged 1. 3 or so. both Verizon and sitting right next to each other. I think its throttled because has been this way on several roms, places.. pleaseeeeee help me get back up to normal guys :)
There was a throttle remover NV hack for .229 and .330, not sure if it works with GB roms or not.

·
Android Lover
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I hadn't found that one you mentioned. Do you know how to remove it on gb? I can do it manually in file explorer if need to.. do you have a link to the one you mentioned man.? I'll keep searching, as this slow speed is ridiculous..

BTW, thanks for everything and all your hard work. I personally appreciate it!!! :)

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
Does this throttle thing only apply to CDMA 3G?

Because I get up to 7Mbps downstream here on GSM/HSPA…

·
Android Lover
1,095 Posts
Fyi unless your seeing the throttle icon in your taskbar then your not being throttled. Each phone performs differently some have stronger radios, better antenna setup, phone build quality, battery, atmosphere even plays a role.

Sent from Tapatalk using Droid BionicX!

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
What does that icon look like?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts