Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to the samsung world.

I just switched to the stellar from a Droid X last week after VZ ran out of replacements for my extended warranty. I have two questions:

1) Is there a a good method to root the most recent OTA VBRMA1?

2) What (if any) is the process to revert completely back to stock in case I ever need to send my phone back to VZ (for a variety of reasons I have had 7 Droid X's over the last 3 years)? For my DX I could do an sbf back to stock but I'm having trouble finding something similar for the stellar.

Any help is much a appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ghost901!

One more question: I noticed that the stock images are from October 2012 - with my DX due to bootloader issues flashing an old image would generally either cause a boot loop or brick the device.

Is this not an issue with the I200?

If I flash the stock images of VRALG4 will I be able to get back to a stock image running VBRMA1?

·
Registered
92 Posts
To add to that. When you flash Odin images you are usually flashing the bootloaders and stuff like that so it's generally not an issue. With that said people were very careful what they included in the Odin images due to the sensitivity of the locked bootloader situation. Some of the tar files made do not include kernels for example. Others didn't touch the bootloaders. If you are returning to stock I recommend using my lh2 Odin one click here.
http://goo.im/devs/billard412/jaspervzw/I200_Galaxy_Stellar/STOCK_RESTORE_ODIN_ONE-CLICK/CI200_I200VRALH2_I200VZWLH2_ODIN-OC.exe it will guarantee no issues like that arise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts