Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Android Lover
426 Posts
modisch said:
So that's what P3Droid was tweeting about. I don't have the app and I was dying to find out.

Awesome... but damnit, I'm already on .602. Heh.

-m
Next time your "dying to find out", why don't you spend a few bucks and support these guys' hard work and purchase the app.

And by the way.. already "being on .602" doesn't mean you have the sbf file... nor do I think you know what it's used for.

·
Bearded Wonder
63 Posts
razorloves, I love you.

now my process can be shaved down even more... SBF to .602, root w/ the one-click D3 exploit, bootstrap and AWAY!

Until the Bionic or the Prime come out, that is. Damn. I just bummed myself out again.

·
Android Lover
129 Posts
FormeriPhoney said:
Next time your "dying to find out", why don't you spend a few bucks and support these guys' hard work and purchase the app.

And by the way.. already "being on .602" doesn't mean you have the sbf file... nor do I think you know what it's used for.
No need to be hostile. I do know what sbf files are for and have frequently used the .340 sbf.

I have bought a lot of apps to support a number of developers. However, the tbh app isn't available through the market which makes it a bigger pain in the ass for me. And while $2-3 isn't much, $2-3 for multiple things add up when your disabled, wife is a public school teacher working two jobs, both of us rack up medical bills like we're dying of cancer (head + whole spine MRI every six or so months gets a touch pricey), and money is extra tight because we have moving expenses (moving to a smaller place to save money).

So, don't assume, don't pass judgment, and don't be a dick. I support when and how I can, sometimes with donations, more often with testing, bug reports and research.

So, kindly, can it. Not everyone is in your position and not everyone can make the same choices with ease.

-m

{ droidX «» cm4dx-gb «» tapatalk }

·
Android Lover
129 Posts
manbeard said:
razorloves, I love you.

now my process can be shaved down even more... SBF to .602, root w/ the one-click D3 exploit, bootstrap and AWAY!

Until the Bionic or the Prime come out, that is. Damn. I just bummed myself out again.
Hey, throw some love into the cosmos for p3droid. He is the one that pulled off the leak. Razorloves, great man that he is, is the messenger carrying the Good Word.

Also, I don't know why all the excitement over the Bionic. As far as I can tell the Atrix is basically the same device, but smaller screen, has mobile hotspot and more ram (1gb versus 512mb). The Bionic has an 8 megapixel camera (5 in atrix) and slightly better HD video capture (although I'm sure that is Blur based so you won't see it in AOSP ROMs).

The only selling point for the Bionic is that it is on Verizon. Frankly, I'm disappointed with it.

I don't mean to piss in your cheerios. I just don't see each fuss. But it'd be great if someone clued me in because I feel like I'm missing something since I'm about the only person I know that isn't foaming at the mouth for one.

-m

·
Supporting Member
99 Posts
modisch said:
Hey, throw some love into the cosmos for p3droid. He is the one that pulled off the leak. Razorloves, great man that he is, is the messenger carrying the Good Word.

Also, I don't know why all the excitement over the Bionic. As far as I can tell the Atrix is basically the same device, but smaller screen, has mobile hotspot and more ram (1gb versus 512mb). The Bionic has an 8 megapixel camera (5 in atrix) and slightly better HD video capture (although I'm sure that is Blur based so you won't see it in AOSP ROMs).

The only selling point for the Bionic is that it is on Verizon. Frankly, I'm disappointed with it.
I don't mean to piss in your cheerios. I just don't see each fuss. But it'd be great if someone clued me in because I feel like I'm missing something since I'm about the only person I know that isn't foaming at the mouth for one.

-m

The Bionic has 1 GB of ram and has mobile hotspot if you pay to use it. The only things I wish it had are a faster processor(fixable by overclocking) and an even larger screen. 4.5 or 4.7 would have been nice!

·
Android Lover
129 Posts
loooney2ns said:
The Bionic has 1 GB of ram and has mobile hotspot if you pay to use it. The only things I wish it had are a faster processor(fixable by overclocking) and an even larger screen. 4.5 or 4.7 would have been nice!
Just looked and turns out you are right and I'm wron about the ram. The specs reported up until recently said 512. But the final spec sheet has 1gb. I guess it got a last minute bump? Either way, more ram is a good thing.

Definitely the juiciest phone on Big Red right now. But we my upgrade not coming until July next year (farking 18 months on one phone? Don't they know about my gadget lust? Of course they do, they want me to pay full price.... Bastards.) But since my upgrade isn't any time soon, I'll be milking this Droid X for quite a while. And who knows what awesomeness will be on shelves next summer.

-m

·
Supporting Member
48 Posts
"lancasterv3 said:
P3droid said only use with rsd lite, does that mean the Linux method can't be used?
I asked P3Droid the same question on twitter. He says it WILL work with linux. But the baseband won't be included. So I took that to mean you should flash the 13 radio before you SBF if you weren't already on it. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts