Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android is my life
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to put this out there, but I have the belief that it will take AT&T years, to get where Verizon is in LTE now. The reason being is that AT&T started the LTE plan way to late in the game. Though I'm a ATT costumer myself, I want be for much longer, but this is just my view.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Eh, it's all the same sort of deal. Once the tech is out, I think it's pretty much about how they use it and the constraints on the system. Since AT&T has less subscribers, I don't think it will be too big of a difference. Not used either system, but that's what I've gathered from reading.

·
Android is my life
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont get why ATT doesnt put LTE in Silcon Valley of all places.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
IIRC ATTs plan for "4G" was to go the T-Mobile route. That's why it's easier for them to just gobble up T-Mobile and make the transformation more instant.

As far as LTE on ATT, I don't know if that's even possible. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Verizon "owns" that LTE spectrum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ATT don't have any spare spectrum t-mobile dose the difference is right now ATT has to buy the equipment then switch some of their spectrum over to LTE (long drug out process) with t-mobile all they have to do is buy the equipment and flip the switch across the nation (like verizon did) the difference in time would be something 3 to 4 years vs 1 to 2 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts