Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well long story short had a dx but upgraded to d3 girlfriends d2 crapped out so they sent her a dinc2. She needs a key board I don't took the dinc2 and have been out of the dx moto GB loop for a few months. Anyway I used to have all my dx files and worked on a buddy's phone. He's still on 596 all the methods I've seen include sbf which I would like to avoid some I deleted all my dx files. What's the easiest way to upgrade him and remain rooted. Thanks guys dinc2 is great btw do miss my dx tho.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
droidrage729 said:
Well long story short had a dx but upgraded to d3 girlfriends d2 crapped out so they sent her a dinc2. She needs a key board I don't took the dinc2 and have been out of the dx moto GB loop for a few months. Anyway I used to have all my dx files and worked on a buddy's phone. He's still on 596 all the methods I've seen include sbf which I would like to avoid some I deleted all my dx files. What's the easiest way to upgrade him and remain rooted. Thanks guys dinc2 is great btw do miss my dx tho.
he can get the ota update and then use the one click root. i think that would be easiest.
alternative is to use the 602 sbf and then the one click root

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
razorloves said:
he can get the ota update and then use the one click root. i think that would be easiest.
alternative is to use the 602 sbf and then the one click root
Yea problem is it won't let him install the ota update. I tried myself looks like it will install then fails. It did let him download it every 12 hours it asks him if he wants to install it but it fails.

Sent from my Incredible 2 3D using Tapatalk

·
Sorry, I must be new here
1,187 Posts
droidrage729 said:
Yea problem is it won't let him install the ota update. I tried myself looks like it will install then fails. It did let him download it every 12 hours it asks him if he wants to install it but it fails.

You can use the SBF found here
Use the latest version of RSDlite and follow the directions
Ask if you feel you are missing something!

After that he will be on 602
Then you can root using the method found here

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BrentBlend said:
You can use the SBF found here
Use the latest version of RSDlite and follow the directions
Ask if you feel you are missing something!

After that he will be on 602
Then you can root using the method found here
Thanks a bunch. Just out of curiosity why did the ota let him download but fails on install?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
droidrage729 said:
Thanks a bunch. Just out of curiosity why did the ota let him download but fails on install?
it does a system files check to make sure you're on a stock unmodified rom. if it detects any sytem file changes, then it fails.

·
Android Apprentice
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got his. Phone straightened out using the methods posted thanks alot guys.

Sent from my Incredible Sensation using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts