Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
134 Posts
any one else having this issue? it makes backups ok, but wont restore them freezes on white htc screen
It seems to be the ext4 not supported
i will also add that backups made on 5x recoveries will restore on 4x as long as its not from a ext4.
i hope that makes some kinda sense to somebody but these are the facts.
So it seems that the ext4 is just not supported on the 5x recovery. I just hope they are working on it and are aware of it

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
mrreed2u said:
any one else having this issue? it makes backups ok, but wont restore them freezes on white htc screen
Yup, I have this issue. Had to wipe and reinstall a rom from scratch, rather than a nandroid...grrrrr....

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
are you guys trying to restore a nandroid made with the old version? i remeber back when i had my OG droid, i couldn't restore and older backup, but i could restore a backup that i made with the newer version.

i haven't tried a restore yet, but hopefully the one i just made yesterday will work OK.

·
Android Apprentice
160 Posts
It will restore backups if you make them, and restore from within CWM. There is an incompatibility with ROM manager now.

·
Android Apprentice
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cam30era said:
It will restore backups if you make them, and restore from within CWM. There is an incompatibility with ROM manager now.
ummm i dont think so lol not for me anyway

·
Android Apprentice
54 Posts
cam30era said:
Nope, won't do it within CWM either. I rolled back to 4x for now.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
cam30era said:
5.0.1.0 will create and restore backups for me.
5.0.1.0 created the back up fine...restoring it...not so much. Is there a way to get a rolled back version..and will said rolled back version restore a back up made with 5.0.1.0?

Phone wont even boot now...stuck at HTC splash screen....I can get back into recover via Hboot but doesn't do me much good if i can't restore....suggestions?

Edit: wiping everything and will try to reinstall the rom from scratch....grrrrrr.

·
Android Apprentice
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mrreed2u said:
It seems to be the ext4 not supported
i will also add that backups made on 5x recoveries will restore on 4x as long as its not from a ext4.
i hope that makes some kinda sense to somebody but these are the facts.
So it seems that the ext4 is just not supported on the 5x recovery. I just hope they are working on it and are aware of it

·
Average Android
293 Posts
Backups and restores worked as usual for me.
For those having problems do you have the option checked to erase current recovery before flashing the new recovery?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts