Android OS Forum banner
181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Should this work on Nexus 7 or are they too different?

I tried it and it didnt work , but I wonder if its user error or insurmountable.

I really like the idea of this especially for a tablet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Using Steves Pub 0204

·
7-ziping till my fingers hurt
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Hi,

Should this work on Nexus 7 or are they too different?

I tried it and it didnt work , but I wonder if its user error or insurmountable.

I really like the idea of this especially for a tablet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Using Steves Pub 0204
you will have to make sure you are using the one from the date of the pub you are using, if you use an older or newer one it will not work for you. if that is not the case then it may very well be specific the the .xml files that i edit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No problem i cant update with out it either ha ha good thing we run the same builds huh ha ha

you will have to make sure you are using the one from the date of the pub you are using, if you use an older or newer one it will not work for you. if that is not the case then it may very well be specific the the .xml files that i edit.
Thanks I got the most recent one you linked.

They need to go through the zip themer treatment right?
In that the edify part requires pointing it to the rom download? I thought it might be better with a theme but the ones I have are apk and dont work at this point. Tried both vanilla and themed.

In TWRP the mount system just requires checking the box? Theres no .. apply or something?

I would love to get t to work, I just have no idea about how this stuff actually works. Its like electricity .. I love it but its a mystery!

Are there some logs or something I (you) could look at?

thanks

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Thanks I got the most recent one you linked.

They need to go through the zip themer treatment right?
In that the edify part requires pointing it to the rom download? I thought it might be better with a theme but the ones I have are apk and dont work at this point. Tried both vanilla and themed.

In TWRP the mount system just requires checking the box? Theres no .. apply or something?

I would love to get t to work, I just have no idea about how this stuff actually works. Its like electricity .. I love it but its a mystery!

Are there some logs or something I (you) could look at?

thanks
i dont think you need to mount system anymore. i dont at least. ill download the rom and take a look at the files

·
Registered
200 Posts
OP, i am using a theme with this mod and it makes my notification header date/time hard to see. I tried to see if the themer could change the font color but he mentioned something about you changing a file in the mod. It would be great if you could atleast take a look at it. Please and thanks.

xIC-MACIx;37959532 said:
Yeah I see what you mean. The problem is, if I took the plethora of modifications one can make to their phone into account I would go crazy.

Your best bet here is to contact the dev of the mod & have him/her include JB's notification header drawable layout. It looks as though the mod completely bypasses JB's new implementation of the header. (Which is just a black bar on stock) This way the metallic background of my theme will carry over with the mod you are using.

If you need specifics, the drawable file I'm talking about is "system_bar_notification_header_bg." (I believe...I dont have the files with me to look.)

- Mac
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Use 7zip on a PC and erase the file status_bar_header.XML then from a clean install (or a backup if you have one) make the zip themer file

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
200 Posts
Use 7zip on a PC and erase the file status_bar_header.XML then from a clean install (or a backup if you have one) make the zip themer file

edit: i extracted using 7zip but only find status_bar_expanded_header.xml and status_bar_expanded.xml help? lol

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Sorry I was tired ha ha remove status_bar_expanded_header.xml

edit: i extracted using 7zip but only find status_bar_expanded_header.xml and status_bar_expanded.xml help? lol

Don't extract just open by double click with 7zip navigate and delete the file then you don't have to zip it back up

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry I was tired ha ha remove status_bar_expanded_header.xml

Don't extract just open by double click with 7zip navigate and delete the file then you don't have to zip it back up

tried it but it didn't work

·
Registered
38 Posts
tried it but it didn't work

I was getting FC's after applying the mod to DizzyThermal's AOKP 2-21 nightly (found here), even after removing the status_bar_expanded_header.xml file.

Not sure which rom you're using, or theme (I'm using the Cobalt theme), but I was able to edit the status_bar_expanded.xml file and get it working with both DizzyThermal's nightly and the AOKP MR1 Build 4 just released.

Hope this helps. Thanks to thepsyntyst for this mod (hope I didn't step on any toes).

Here's my themer file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15546886/AOKPBnot_tile4.235.zip

Here's what mine looks like:

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
I was getting FC's after applying the mod to DizzyThermal's AOKP 2-21 nightly (found here), even after removing the status_bar_expanded_header.xml file.

Not sure which rom you're using, or theme (I'm using the Cobalt theme), but I was able to edit the status_bar_expanded.xml file and get it working with both DizzyThermal's nightly and the AOKP MR1 Build 4 just released.

Hope this helps. Thanks to thepsyntyst for this mod (hope I didn't step on any toes).

Here's my themer file: http://dl.dropbox.co...t_tile4.235.zip

Here's what mine looks like:

my toes hurt so bad!!! jk, thanks for helping! :)

181 - 200 of 235 Posts