Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
UGA DAWG NATION
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the OTA .605 update is rootable ? If so, do you have any info on doing this ? Thanks for any help

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
It works no problem.

·
UGA DAWG NATION
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
willyjay said:
post back how it works out for you
The program said it worked. After rebooting and checking, it did NOT root the phone

·
Supporting Member
1,870 Posts
Just need more info so we can help...you're on .605 right? which one-click method did you use (pete's or one click D3)? how did you check to see if it rooted? was superuser installed?

·
AndroidStoner
851 Posts
I was on rooted .602 and took the update yesterday without loosing root. Took the OTA opened up Titanium and SU was granted. Strange, I have never done an OTA and kept root. I've re-booted several times since to just to check.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
"willyjay said:
Just need more info so we can help...you're on .605 right? which one-click method did you use (pete's or one click D3)? how did you check to see if it rooted? was superuser installed?
Just fyi....pete's root tool is the one click d3. Its the one click for all moto phones with gb.

EDIT: My bad...i see what you meant, i think. You're wondering which tool he used. There's Pete's Motorola Root Tools, Motorola One Click Root, DROID 3 easy root script v7, etc...

My bad

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
I rooted 605 with Droid 3 easy root script v7

·
Supporting Member
1,870 Posts
razorloves said:
Just fyi....pete's root tool is the one click d3. Its the one click for all moto phones with gb.

EDIT: My bad...i see what you meant, i think. You're wondering which tool he used. There's Pete's Motorola Root Tools, Motorola One Click Root, DROID 3 easy root script v7, etc...

My bad
Exactly..."one click root" always hung up for me, but "easy root script v7" and "Petes v1.06" have worked well

·
UGA DAWG NATION
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did another sbf and did not let superuser or anything install from the Market and the .605 took the root with no problems

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Trouble.
This DX was rooted via Pete's, had the original ROM, and was stable. After an OTA to .605 this morning I've evidently lost it. Titanium can't get access, and the Superuser update fails. I tried to boot into recovery with Quickboot and then with the buttons, and both give the triangle with exclamation point, and I can only pull the battery.

ADVICE? And if you suggest SBF, this rookie really needs some handholding.

·
Android Apprentice
81 Posts
Ok, this morning I took the ota to update to 605. Phone was rooted before on 602. Used pete's root. I was able to get it rooted but every time the program tried to reboot phone it hung up and would not reboot.so I just pulled the battery every time and put it back in without unplugging usb. When I put the battery back in it booted back up on its own and went to next step. After getting all the steps completed this way did it one last time and walla. It is rooted. Curious if anyone else has done it this way. Just before this I rooted the DROID x 2 just fine with no battery pull.

·
Supporting Member
1,870 Posts
notaguru said:
Trouble.
This DX was rooted via Pete's, had the original ROM, and was stable. After an OTA to .605 this morning I've evidently lost it. Titanium can't get access, and the Superuser update fails. I tried to boot into recovery with Quickboot and then with the buttons, and both give the triangle with exclamation point, and I can only pull the battery.

ADVICE? And if you suggest SBF, this rookie really needs some handholding.
When you get the android guy and exclamation point, press both volume buttons to get the recovery menu, and use the power button to select.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
That solves part of the problem - thanks and *thanks*

Now I need help getting to that exalted Superuser state, so Titanium will once again do its thing, etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.