Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: Other (See Description)

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)

Source::
Bean Picker....Last Of A Dying Bean
...is the First and Last of it's kind!!

It's the Jelly Bean Theme that is your favorite color.........whatever color that might be!

Yes, you read that right, this theme is available in any color in the wheel!!!

Built for JBSourcery Encore

Themed Elements:
Framework
Apex Launcher
Browser
Calculator
Contacts
Email
Gmail
GoogleLoginService
LatinIME
Mms
Phone
PlayStore
Settings
SetupWizard
SystemUI

** IMPORTANT **
JBSourcery is equipped with Black Magic. I used that to my advantage, so if you have White Magic enabled you will have stock JBS Encore.
Switching to Black Magic will enable BeanPicker!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This theme also comes equipped with my latest mod, The ColorMyStatusBar mod.
It allows you to switch Statusbar Icon Colors on the fly (Wifi, MobileData, Battery)
Color choosers are located in JBSourcery Control Center
Inside the color chooser, you will notice 3 new buttons

Use these buttons to parse the BeanPicker colors from the color pack!!
No need to document or try to remeber what colors you flashed, there right here for you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a look at Stock...

Now, the pics above are showing a Stock Theme Color with stock text colors.
Not only can we change the theme color, we can change the primary and secondary text colors too!!!

If you want your own custom theme made, you must use my BeanPicker Color Tool.
It is located in the Sourcery Toolbox under "Extra Apps"!!

Heres how to use the Tool....

This screen is self explanitory

Choose a:
Main Theme Color
Primary Text Color
Secondary Text Color

Input your:
UserName (displayed with the color pack, so use your Internet handle)
Theme Name (if you leave this blank, then I have to pick a name...thats no fun, be creative!!)

Press the "Generate Request" button, and you will be taken to your Gmail with an Email all setup to deliver with all the needed info, just press Send!

If you choose colors, but don't like them, the arrow icon in the ActionBar will reset the colors to stock.

You will notice a menu button with a few options...
About
Color Packs
Changelog
Exit

Exit will do just that, Exit the app

About will take you to a page with a few words from me, links to all the latest BeanPicker Release Threads, and a Donate button if you are in a giving mood!!!

Changelog will show you a list view with Changelog info.

Color Packs is where all the ColorPacks are located!

MAKE SURE that you select your current ROM version from the Dropdown list in the ActionBar, you CANNOT flash colorpacks from different versions, you will bork your setup and have to reflash your ROM!
Your list will present itself, with all available packs for the selected version.

After selecting an item from the list, you will be taken to a details page, where you can see a few screenshots, the Theme and Text Colors, and the buttons to download.
MAKE SURE you download the packs for your device!!

You will see a dialog showing your download...

Then you will have the option to boot into Recovery to flash, or cancel and do it later.

*** All files are downloaded to "sdcard/BP_ColorPacks" ***
*** The ColorTool will notify you if an update is available, in order to ensure that you have all the latest goodies, update as soon as you can!! ***

So now that you understand how these crazy shenanigans work, if your color or combo isn't in the list, send a request, and I'll get it there for you!!!

Feedback is critical and encouraged! Like, dislikes, ideas, thoughts, thats how great things come!
Bean Picker can be adapted to nearly any app, so if you want something added, please feel free to request it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the links are down, as this new setup isnt compatible with mods yet, so dont try to install any, and dont expect to get a color from toolbox either, sorry.....a day or two it should be sorted

·
Android Junkie
209 Posts
Is there a new Bean Picker that is flashable on v2.1?? I'm new to this ROM and everything in the toolbox says not to flash on 2.1...If I have overlooked a link in the OP of the ROM, I apologize. Saw your post last night and figured I'd check here. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be released today or tomorrow, still tweaking.......my themes are only available through toolbox with the exception of the guy i helped above, which was 2.0 anyway! So never flash my themes from a forum, better safe than sorry! Just added bubble style Mms, and am still having an issue getting the date aligned on send......its the last holdup!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43058382/Screenshot_2012-08-29-16-18-10.png

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey i think i'm starting to get the hang of this. i'm just a little confused. since we have to go back to recovery and flash new color packs every time we want new colors, why aren't these new color schemes just considered brand new themes? What's the point of having a new user flash the beanpicker theme before flashing the color packs. Why don't you just include all of the theme components into the color packs?

I'm probably missing something... Anyway thanks for all of your hard work!!!! This theme is amazing and you need to get the word out - toss a link into your signature?

·
Registered
400 Posts
The color packs only contain a new framework (a single file in framework) to be exact....the main theme contains every apk I have modded....
Framework with file changed = new colors for the theme...that's how it can be made any color..
I'm constantly finding new place to use the color so this should continue to grow

Edit: re read your post...I suppose I could include all the theme files but that makes the download larger/longer and uses more precious server space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
149 Posts
So would it be possible to create an app that would allow us to edit the framework file so that we wouldn't have to keep on requesting new colors?

And maybe the app could have the certain presets... Seems simple in theory but idk how much work it may be. I just feel like having an app like that would make Bean Picker way more useful for everyone.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have already considered this and here is what I have found.....
There are a total of 4 values that need changed....they are located in res/values/colors.xml
This file is compressed into the resources.arsc file that is visible if you open an apk with an archiver....
You cannot change values on the raw file and add it on the fly, aapt does that. ....
So.....
You need an app that runs the android SDK and a compatible terminal with the correct setup....
I am no java pro....I'm a java rookie....
So its either I build a new framework for every request, or everybody has to use apktool to decompile, change and recompile their own...

I am currently looking into overlays, which is what I believe themechooser is based off of, if I can change the file with an overlay, creating and app that edits the values and puts the file in the appropriate place shouldn't be too much trouble...
There is still a reboot involved, so its not all that much better, but at least it will save me a shitload of time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts