Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 765 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED. TO MUCH WILL CHANGE BETWEEN THIS VERSION AND THE CURRENT (AND SUBSEQUENT) PUBLIC VERSIONS TO WARRANT UPDATING THIS THREAD/TOPIC/POSTS. A NEW THREAD WILL ARRIVE SHORTLY. THANK YOU

Here is the ROM that I've been passing out on IRC for the past few days. It has finally reached a somewhat "completed" status, so I'm posting it here for the rest of the world to enjoy. This is deodexed EP1W, cleaned up significantly (>100MB of stuff removed), a few apps have been replaced with AOSP equivalents, a few minor mods that people like, and it also has a hacked EP1W kernel. After all of that, Retrokid223 was nice enough to theme it with the TW4 theme from the SGS2 for me, so it looks better than the stock theme.

Features/Changes
  • Deodexed
  • Debloated
  • TW4 Theme
  • AOSP MMS
  • AOSP Deskclock
  • CMWallpapers available
  • ADWLauncher as the default launcher
  • TW Email, Contacts, Calendar, Calculator, and Camera have been retained due to improved functionality over AOSP equivalents
  • Removed Gapps, install them from the Market
  • If you want root, install Superuser from the Market
  • Purchase and install Voodoo Control Plus for Voodoo Sound
Kernel Features
The kernel was hacked and put together by myself
  • EXT4 Support
  • Tweaked memory management scheme
  • Auto-root on boot (binary only, no Superuser app)
  • SDCard speed tweak
  • Changed ramdisk compression for slightly faster boot
Downloads
Kernel Only
ROM Only
ROM and Kernel on EXT4
EP1W Modems for Odin
8/17 CWM for Odin
7/30 CWM for Odin

[hide=ROM MD5s]
773888e84bd48d30c242fde3cb37f927 0910_tw4_ep1w.zip
0612a21a25b16e13401c096d51e9f859 0910_tw4_ep1w_ext4.zip
6fe24acfcf9cc921852f610a9d0d7004 0911_tw4_ep1w.zip
1d956083b0f19eb20d174194142a03ab 0911_tw4_ep1w_ext4.zip
11d2bd3ea1150d05bdb14babc2ceeef3 0912_tw4_ep1w.zip
286c5862be0f83223207f19bd6206b5d 0912_tw4_ep1w_ext4.zip
72354b160e12730ed8873983bcc46e53 0923_tw4_ep1w.zip
5bb525b459a6144237e18f45ae14d275 0923_tw4_ep1w_ext4.zip
c014a266d13b1b127b177a77e54f90c7 0925_tw4_ep1w.zip
85adaf6163e25ff9cdd92d95ac8d0eb9 0925_tw4_ep1w_ext4.zip[/hide]

Installation Instructions
  1. Backup your data before flashing any ROM
  2. Download the package of your choice and transfer it to your SDCard
  3. Flash the package in CWM and also wipe data. If you use the ROM/Kernel package with EXT4, it will wipe data for you, and you'll also be on EXT4 (/system, /data, /cache, /dbdata)
  4. Boot your phone and enjoy
  5. If you would like the latest modems, they are linked above as well

Donations
While we do this for fun and don't expect anything out of this (other than you enjoying the work), here are our donation links if you want to contribute.
Retrokid223
imnuts

[head]This has been a TeamSbrissenMod Production[/head]

·
Premium Member
847 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get root access?
Download and install Superuser from the market. The su binary that is required should already be there via the kernel, all that is required is its complimentary application.

How do I install the ROM?
See the first post of this thread.

How do I go from XXX to this ROM?
The fastest way to go to this ROM from anything is by downloading and flashing the ROM+Kernel on EXT4 package. That will format your partitions to EXT4 and then install the kernel and ROM. Note that this will wipe all of your user data in the process, so be sure to backup anything you may want prior to flashing.

Where is Gmail, YouTube, Maps, etc.
All Google applications were removed from the ROM. This was to make sure that you are running an up-to-date version on your device and it also saves some bandwidth when the ROM is downloaded.

Does this kernel support Voodoo?
The kernel does not use the Voodoo Lagfix functions. However, it does fully support EXT4 partitions. Voodoo Lagfix is meant so partitions can be converted to and from RFS/EXT4. To do this, the boot process is slowed down for partition checks and conversion. To avoid this, I just enabled EXT4 support so you can still reap the benefits of the improved read/write capabilities without having to wait for the phone to boot up.

Voodoo sound is another matter entirely and can be enabled (in part) by using Voodoo Control Plus. This will allow you to load a beta Voodoo Sound driver that supports many of the functions of Voodoo Sound. Until source code is release for Gingerbread though, full Voodoo Sound support will be unavailable.

Does this kernel support overclocking?
No it does not. Source code will need to be released before many features, such as overclocking can be included.

Do you have plans to include XXX in your ROM?
See the below change log and planned features. If it is not listed in there anywhere, then odds are it is not something that we plan on including and doing. However, if you leave a message in the thread, we will consider implementing it in a future release.

I am having xxx issue, can you fix it?
We can certainly try, however, we will need some information from you first. In order to fix a problem, we need as much information as possible from you about it. Please provide details of the issue, such as the application name you are having problems with. If you can reproduce the issue consistently, provide the details on how to do so, that way we can attempt to recreate it ourselves. If it is a graphical glitch, try to get a screenshot of the problem, or a regular camera picture. The most valuable information you can provide is logcat output, see below on capturing a good log for us.

How can I get a good log of a problem I am having?
There are two methods you can use to get a log for us. The easiest method is to use aLogcat from the market. An alternative method is to use adb on your computer. If you do not know how to save the adb output from logcat to a text file, I recommend using aLogcat. Once you are ready to capture a log, start logcat from adb, or aLogcat. With the log still running in the background, recreate your issue several times (3 to 4 times should be sufficient). Once you have recreated the issue multiple times, stop the logging and save the log file. With aLogcat, it will be saved to your SDCard. Then, take your log output and send it to us, preferably via PM. The reason we request via PM is that sometimes, logcat can capture personal information, such as your email address or phone number. Rest assured that we have no interest in this and will use the output strictly as a debugging tool to help fix whatever issue you are reporting. We hate spam just as much as you do.

Help, I restarted into recovery and lost all of my data!
Unfortunately, this is a known issue and something that a fix is being worked on. The nature of the problem and why it is happening is unknown. However, the problem is widespread and affects us as well. If we had a quick fix for you, we would gladly offer it. When the problem is found and fixed, you will be sure to know about it as we hate setting up our phones too, and given the amount of testing that goes in to building a ROM, we've done so several times already, and will likely do it several more.

How can I thank you for your work?
Just click the thanks button on our posts. We do this for fun, but if you wish to a monetary donation, please see our donation links in the first post of this thread.

How can I get XXX app to vibrate on new notifications?
It seems that some applications are ignoring the global vibrate notification setting. To fix this, go into the application and press the menu button and go to settings (or however you get to the application settings). Find the notification settings, and turn on vibrate. It seems that messaging is the biggest complain among people, and this should solve the problem.

Can XXX be added to the FAQ?
While we strive to keep up with posts, sometimes we may overlook a repeated question or issue. If you see something you would like posted in the FAQ, feel free to ask. We only ask that you put your request in the following format:
Code:
[b]Question goes here[/b]<br />
Answer goes here
Changelog
0925 - BETA
New boot animation
Updated accurate battery and charging animation images
Replaced ADW with TSM Launcher 2
Fixed Gallery3D force close
Fixed issue with no dictionary on the keyboard (vibrate still doesn't work)
Updated to Google Talk with video chat (audio may not work on video chat)
Updated AOSP Apps to 2.3.7 versions
Fixed images/settings items in Mms.apk
Replaced stock Browser with AOSP Browser
~90% completed TSM Parts
Custom Shutdown animations are back

Added stock Music Player app to work with lock screen music controls
New kernel to give you Quadrant scores of 2500, since people seem to like high scores regardless of performance
AddOn Zips posted

Added Reboot Options
Added Accurate Battery
Updated TW4 Theme - thanks to nitroglycerine33 for the 4G icon
Several Re-Themed Apps
Added Genie Widget for News/Weather
Removed Samsung Setup Wizard - thanks twilly567
Update to the latest Market

Initial Release

Updates
Upcoming
Figure out why /data is wiped when going into CWM

Add Ons
Available Here

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Installed it and got it up and running. SIM card failed or something similar when I just installed the kernal/rom itself but now I'm updated the modems, so that should fix it? I wasn't aware we HAD to odin the modems for it to work lol. But we'll see.

edit: yeah as I figured that did it. I'll see if everything is ext4 and update you guys with some quad scores in a few.

edit2: um yeah I don't have ext4... definitely installed the ext4 version, but its all rfs. I know when I went to restore in cwm I lost all my data again. maybe it's the hated gltich from gummyep1q?

edit3: got ext4 again. must have been something wrong with restoring.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Pardon the noob question, but will this work with the lagfix kernel that imoseyon is working on? Always liked imnuts work but had been wanting to go ep1w and try that kernel just for a test.

Thanks for the rom though, nice work!

·
Average Android
114 Posts
What differences are there between this and imoseyon's kernel? I just installed this, have always like your work imnuts. And now that it is deodexed I can work on a theme of my own again.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Pardon the noob question but should I go back to stock EE4 before putting this on? I'm currently running GummyCharged 2.0. I was thinking of going to EE4, then upgrading to EP1W and then putting this on but if I can skip a few steps, it would make it easier/faster.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I can confirm that going into CWM after applying this (the kernal, rom, modems w/etx4 anyway) will wipe your data and remove ext4 on the newest version of cwm.

·
Hacker Wannabe
595 Posts
stranula said:
What differences are there between this and imoseyon's kernel? I just installed this, have always like your work imnuts. And now that it is deodexed I can work on a theme of my own again.
I don't know about this kernel, but imoseyon has been working with supercurio for full, official Voodoo lagfix support. It can be managed through the Voodoo Control app and really boosts the performance. Hopefully imnuts or someone else who has tried ths can answer the question of how this kernel compares.

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
"shrike1978 said:
I don't know about this kernel, but imoseyon has been working with supercurio for full, official Voodoo lagfix support. It can be managed through the Voodoo Control app and really boosts the performance. Hopefully imnuts or someone else who has tried ths can answer the question of how this kernel compares.
I've used both and can honestly say that there is no noticable difference in performance. At least to my eye. Both fly right along:)

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stranula said:
I just added EXT4 support and a few small tweaks, not full Voodoo support. I think Imoseyon added some other stuff too besides voodoo lagfix. Adding in the lagfix also slows down the boot, and really, how many people convert back to rfs? His kernel may work with this, but some people in IRC had problems with it.

Sent from my DROID Charge

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
thewanton said:
I can confirm that going into CWM after applying this (the kernal, rom, modems w/etx4 anyway) will wipe your data and remove ext4 on the newest version of cwm.
Have you tried a different version of CWM yet?

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
TopJimmy2 said:
Pardon the noob question but should I go back to stock EE4 before putting this on? I'm currently running GummyCharged 2.0. I was thinking of going to EE4, then upgrading to EP1W and then putting this on but if I can skip a few steps, it would make it easier/faster.
I'd like to know this too. I'm also on GummyCharged FE 2.0. Do I have to flash the EP1W leak first with Odin, then flash this ROM/Kernel? Or can I just flash this right over GC 2.0 (after doing a wipe of course)

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Halo said:
I'd like to know this too. I'm also on GummyCharged FE 2.0. Do I have to flash the EP1W leak first with Odin, then flash this ROM/Kernel? Or can I just flash this right over GC 2.0 (after doing a wipe of course)
You should be able to go to this from anything. Just be sure to wipe data (preferably before flashing). If you're already on an EP1W release, you may be able to get away without a wipe, but you could introduce random problems by doing so.

1 - 20 of 765 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.