Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
761 - 765 of 765 Posts

·
Android Beginner
26 Posts
two problems so far with the EP4D I downloaded off twitter.

1. I put in my google account and allowed the phone to install all my software automatically from the market overnight. I woke up and only a few apps were installed. I tried to install more and it said I ran out of space even though I had over 700 megabytes free for apps.
2. I wiped dalvik cache and cache to try to fix the problem, and when I rebooted it asked me for my google account information again, and all the apps i installed last night were in my app drawer, but named com.whatever.whatever and none of them work.

·
Android Themer
181 Posts
SSmaster said:
two problems so far with the EP4D I downloaded off twitter.

1. I put in my google account and allowed the phone to install all my software automatically from the market overnight. I woke up and only a few apps were installed. I tried to install more and it said I ran out of space even though I had over 700 megabytes free for apps.
2. I wiped dalvik cache and cache to try to fix the problem, and when I rebooted it asked me for my google account information again, and all the apps i installed last night were in my app drawer, but named com.whatever.whatever and none of them work.
I have this problem on stock ep4p I just reupdate 1 or 2 times and it works

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
The kernel source is complete, and we could have even used the Stratosphere source code to build a kernel, but it suffers the same issue. Samsung put a bad defconfig in the source for us to use, and it isn't the first time this has happened with source, nor will it be the last most likely. It's no where close to a show stopper, but it does take a decent amount of time to try and debug, which I've been lacking recently. It's much easier to sit down and finish and apk or two theme/mod wise compared to spending the same amount of time and maybe getting 2 kernel configs tested. Given that finishing up apks results in a working end product, I'd rather spend my time to finish up something that works first. I won't do a repacked EP4D kernel as EP4P is close enough.

Also, I'll get around to updated the OP here, but there is a lot of stuff to change in it, and I might as well just wait until it is closer to a finished product. Changelog from what was previously posted here is basically worthless. The release posted on twitter is EP4D (the OTA build) that is themed with reboot options and not much else. A few custom apps and minor tweaks, but not much else.
Well... at least that makes it sound as if it's not all bad. I was thinking that Samsung had intentionally left out a chunk of the source code just screw with our heads,

761 - 765 of 765 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.