Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Here is the ROM that I've been passing out on IRC for the past few days. It has finally reached a somewhat "completed" status, so I'm posting it here for the rest of the world to enjoy. This is deodexed EP1W, cleaned up significantly (>100MB of stuff removed), a few minor mods that people like, and it also has a hacked EP1W kernel.

Features/Changes
Deodexed
Debloated
Gingerbread Themed
Accurate Battery (no percent in battery) With Smooth Charging Animation
CRT Effect And Overscroll
Reboot Options
Quick Toggle Sound Included
Custom Shutdown animations
CM7 Filemanager
CM7 MMS
CM7 Email
CM7 Tones, Alerts, And Notification Sounds
AOSP Apps to 2.3.7 versions
Google Talk with video chat (audio may not work on video chat)
CMWallpapers available
TSM Launcher 2
90% completed TSM Parts
TW Contacts, Dialer, Camera have been retained due to improved functionality over AOSP equivalents
TW Dialer Themed By Team Gummy
Removed Gapps, install them from the Market
If you want root, install Superuser from the Market
Purchase and install Voodoo Control Plus for Voodoo Sound

Bugs:GB Keyboard does not vibrate, For lockscreens to show go into tsm parts toggle enable/disable lockscreen, Hide Battery, Signal, Or Alarm does not work in TSM Parts

Download
Rom Only
ROM and Kernel on EXT4
EP1W Modems for Odin
8/17 CWM for Odin
7/30 CWM for Odin

Installation Instructions
Backup your data before flashing any ROM
Download the package of your choice and transfer it to your SDCard
Flash the package in CWM and also wipe data. If you use the ROM/Kernel package with EXT4, it will wipe data for you, and you'll also be on EXT4 (/system, /data, /cache, /dbdata)
Boot your phone and enjoy
If you would like the latest modems, they are linked above as well

Donations
While we do this for fun and don't expect anything out of this (other than you enjoying the work), here are our donation links if you want to contribute.
Retrokid223
imnuts

[HR]This has been a TeamSbrissenMod Production[/HR]

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get root access?
Download and install Superuser from the market. The su binary that is required should already be there via the kernel, all that is required is its complimentary application.

How do I install the ROM?
See the first post of this thread.

How do I go from XXX to this ROM?
The fastest way to go to this ROM from anything is by downloading and flashing the ROM+Kernel on EXT4 package. That will format your partitions to EXT4 and then install the kernel and ROM. Note that this will wipe all of your user data in the process, so be sure to backup anything you may want prior to flashing.

Where is Gmail, YouTube, Maps, etc.
All Google applications were removed from the ROM. This was to make sure that you are running an up-to-date version on your device and it also saves some bandwidth when the ROM is downloaded.

Does this kernel support Voodoo?
The kernel does not use the Voodoo Lagfix functions. However, it does fully support EXT4 partitions. Voodoo Lagfix is meant so partitions can be converted to and from RFS/EXT4. To do this, the boot process is slowed down for partition checks and conversion. To avoid this, I just enabled EXT4 support so you can still reap the benefits of the improved read/write capabilities without having to wait for the phone to boot up.

Voodoo sound is another matter entirely and can be enabled (in part) by using Voodoo Control Plus. This will allow you to load a beta Voodoo Sound driver that supports many of the functions of Voodoo Sound. Until source code is release for Gingerbread though, full Voodoo Sound support will be unavailable.

Does this kernel support overclocking?
No it does not. Source code will need to be released before many features, such as overclocking can be included.

Do you have plans to include XXX in your ROM?
See the below change log and planned features. If it is not listed in there anywhere, then odds are it is not something that we plan on including and doing. However, if you leave a message in the thread, we will consider implementing it in a future release.

I am having xxx issue, can you fix it?
We can certainly try, however, we will need some information from you first. In order to fix a problem, we need as much information as possible from you about it. Please provide details of the issue, such as the application name you are having problems with. If you can reproduce the issue consistently, provide the details on how to do so, that way we can attempt to recreate it ourselves. If it is a graphical glitch, try to get a screenshot of the problem, or a regular camera picture. The most valuable information you can provide is logcat output, see below on capturing a good log for us.

How can I get a good log of a problem I am having?
There are two methods you can use to get a log for us. The easiest method is to use aLogcat from the market. An alternative method is to use adb on your computer. If you do not know how to save the adb output from logcat to a text file, I recommend using aLogcat. Once you are ready to capture a log, start logcat from adb, or aLogcat. With the log still running in the background, recreate your issue several times (3 to 4 times should be sufficient). Once you have recreated the issue multiple times, stop the logging and save the log file. With aLogcat, it will be saved to your SDCard. Then, take your log output and send it to us, preferably via PM. The reason we request via PM is that sometimes, logcat can capture personal information, such as your email address or phone number. Rest assured that we have no interest in this and will use the output strictly as a debugging tool to help fix whatever issue you are reporting. We hate spam just as much as you do.

Help, I restarted into recovery and lost all of my data!
Unfortunately, this is a known issue and something that a fix is being worked on. The nature of the problem and why it is happening is unknown. However, the problem is widespread and affects us as well. If we had a quick fix for you, we would gladly offer it. When the problem is found and fixed, you will be sure to know about it as we hate setting up our phones too, and given the amount of testing that goes in to building a ROM, we've done so several times already, and will likely do it several more.

How can I thank you for your work?
Just click the thanks button on our posts. We do this for fun, but if you wish to a monetary donation, please see our donation links in the first post of this thread.

How can I get XXX app to vibrate on new notifications?
It seems that some applications are ignoring the global vibrate notification setting. To fix this, go into the application and press the menu button and go to settings (or however you get to the application settings). Find the notification settings, and turn on vibrate. It seems that messaging is the biggest complain among people, and this should solve the problem.

Can XXX be added to the FAQ?
While we strive to keep up with posts, sometimes we may overlook a repeated question or issue. If you see something you would like posted in the FAQ, feel free to ask. We only ask that you put your request in the following format:
Code:
[b]Question goes here[/b]<br />
Answer goes here
Changelog
none...

Updates
Upcoming
Figure out why /data is wiped when going into CWM

Add Ons
Available Here

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
xceebeex said:
What is the difference between this and imnuts Infinity ROM?
From the features/changes list, I think this may be at least some of the difference:

CM7 Filemanager
CM7 MMS
CM7 Email
CM7 Tones, Alerts, And Notification Sounds
AOSP Apps to 2.3.7 versions

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Is it possible to remove the Backup Assistant from the Accounts & sync menu? I did a google search with no such luck. I used TB backup to uninstall it, but it still shows up in the Accounts & sync menu.

·
Average Android
92 Posts
Halo said:
That's what Titanium Backup did when I uninstalled it. Still didn't work.
I have removed stuff with TB before, but it never seems to get it right. I know when I use root explorer I am removing exactly what I want, and I also remove backup aassistant with root explorer and it takes it out of the sync menu

·
Android Beginner
36 Posts
Was running stock froyo rooted used cwm to factory data reset, clear cache, and clear davlik cache. Installed from sd card the file. Showed the rom installed successfully rebooted into the samsung logo bootloop. Not sure if it's because i was on froyo and not ep1w. Flashed ep1w considering trying again. Just curious if I missed something or if this was expected being on froyo. Thanks for the help!

·
Average Android
99 Posts
flyinj54 said:
Was running stock froyo rooted used cwm to factory data reset, clear cache, and clear davlik cache. Installed from sd card the file. Showed the rom installed successfully rebooted into the samsung logo bootloop. Not sure if it's because i was on froyo and not ep1w. Flashed ep1w considering trying again. Just curious if I missed something or if this was expected being on froyo. Thanks for the help!
Which version of CWM were you on?

·
Android Beginner
36 Posts
Actually was on the 7/30. Flashed ep1w and then install recovery 8/17. Installed and all is well!. Not sure if it was the recovery causing an issue or the fact that I was on ee4. Thanks for the helpl!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.