Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
xceebeex said:
What is the difference between this and imnuts Infinity ROM?
From the features/changes list, I think this may be at least some of the difference:

CM7 Filemanager
CM7 MMS
CM7 Email
CM7 Tones, Alerts, And Notification Sounds
AOSP Apps to 2.3.7 versions

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
ncwildcat said:
Why does the screen refuse to wake up sometimes resulting in a battery pull?????
Is the screen on and unresponsive, or is the screen black? Also, often times a battery pull is unnecessary and not the greatest for the life of the battery. Instead of pulling the battery, hold the power button and volume up button until the Samsung logo flashes on the screen. It is a soft reboot and is quicker and less damaging to the battery than a battery pull. I have had instances of my phone locking up on Infinity ROM and on Gummy GBE RC. The screen will turn on, but it is frozen, won't respond to touch, and the clock is stuck at whatever time the phone locked up.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
carbonwhiskey said:
What's the difference between this and the other Infiniti ROM?
RAW version includes various AOSP apps, the regular infinity ROM contains all TW apps.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
Cruiserdude said:
That's about as clear as it gets man, make the folder in /system/etc using Script Manager, which looks like Root Explorer but lets you create, edit, and run scripts.

FYI, I had been getting hotboots and hangups, laggy moments and the like fairly often, though much less than on Gummy. Last night I wiped and re-Odin'ed yet again, this time repartitioning with the PIT file, and my problems have all but disappeared. This ROM is now quite smooth and stable.
I did the same thing on Saturday. Flashed rooted, bloated EP1W with pit file in ODIN, flashed CWM 4.0.0.8, flashed Infinity and can definitely tell a difference. Fewer freeze ups, less lag, shorter redraw on homescreen. I knew I'd flashed a lot so I just needed a good, clean wipe and fresh start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts