Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
255 Posts
blakec432 said:
More explanation?
That's about as clear as it gets man, make the folder in /system/etc using Script Manager, which looks like Root Explorer but lets you create, edit, and run scripts.

FYI, I had been getting hotboots and hangups, laggy moments and the like fairly often, though much less than on Gummy. Last night I wiped and re-Odin'ed yet again, this time repartitioning with the PIT file, and my problems have all but disappeared. This ROM is now quite smooth and stable.
 

·
Smartass in Chief
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
Cruiserdude said:
That's about as clear as it gets man, make the folder in /system/etc using Script Manager, which looks like Root Explorer but lets you create, edit, and run scripts.

FYI, I had been getting hotboots and hangups, laggy moments and the like fairly often, though much less than on Gummy. Last night I wiped and re-Odin'ed yet again, this time repartitioning with the PIT file, and my problems have all but disappeared. This ROM is now quite smooth and stable.
I did the same thing on Saturday. Flashed rooted, bloated EP1W with pit file in ODIN, flashed CWM 4.0.0.8, flashed Infinity and can definitely tell a difference. Fewer freeze ups, less lag, shorter redraw on homescreen. I knew I'd flashed a lot so I just needed a good, clean wipe and fresh start.
 

·
Hacker Wannabe
Joined
·
595 Posts
blakec432 said:
Does this ROM have init.d support?
Not with the included kernel. imoseyon's kernel has it though, and this ROM's Busybox supports it if imoseyon's kernel is installed.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
301 Posts
landshark said:
I did the same thing on Saturday. Flashed rooted, bloated EP1W with pit file in ODIN, flashed CWM 4.0.0.8, flashed Infinity and can definitely tell a difference. Fewer freeze ups, less lag, shorter redraw on homescreen. I knew I'd flashed a lot so I just needed a good, clean wipe and fresh start.
I don't think I have a copy of the Pit file. Would you mind posting a link to it please? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
395 Posts
I just tried flashing imos 2.5 kernel and it wiped everything and It even deleted the market apk. Has this happened to anyone else?
Also how can I verify ext4 conversion? I know there's a terminal command but I can't remember it.
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
255 Posts
"Birthofahero said:
I just tried flashing imos 2.5 kernel and it wiped everything and It even deleted the market apk. Has this happened to anyone else?
Also how can I verify ext4 conversion? I know there's a terminal command but I can't remember it.
That's what a wipe looks like. /system and /data are probably back to rfs. You need to go back to cwm, wipe data, cache, dalvik, reflash rom, reflash kernel. Sucks but that's how it is until someone figures out this whole wipe thing.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
301 Posts
Birthofahero said:
I just tried flashing imos 2.5 kernel and it wiped everything and It even deleted the market apk. Has this happened to anyone else?
Also how can I verify ext4 conversion? I know there's a terminal command but I can't remember it.
Really? I'm running it just fine although I'm currently on another Rom. I'm using the most current CWM, imoseyon's 2.5 kernel, and Dctq Rom.

Did you go into CWM recovery after wiping? Or did the install of the kernel do the actual wiping?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
395 Posts
"SOTK said:
Really? I'm running it just fine although I'm currently on another Rom. I'm using the most current CWM, imoseyon's 2.5 kernel, and Dctq Rom.

Did you go into CWM recovery after wiping? Or did the install of the kernel do the actual wiping?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
No, the only time I went into cwm was to wipe cache then dalvik then flash imos kernel. When I rebooted everything was gone.

Edit: now I can't open the gallery, not even from other third party gallery apps. Weird.
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
301 Posts
Birthofahero said:
No, the only time I went into cwm was to wipe cache then dalvik then flash imos kernel. When I rebooted everything was gone.

Edit: now I can't open the gallery, not even from other third party gallery apps. Weird.
Imoseyon has only had one voodoo kernel version that I know of that was causing wipes and he quickly found out the problem and fixed it. All the rest have been pretty error free. Weird that it wiped you. What CWM version are you running?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
dean.el-ghouch said:
Hey guys, I don't know how to jailbreak my phone so I can put this android on my phone. Can anyone please tell me how?
Hey man, Jailbreaking is a term related to the iOS platform. We have several awesome guides on rooting your charge. Just head over to the general section or the wiki.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
395 Posts
SOTK said:
Imoseyon has only had one voodoo kernel version that I know of that was causing wipes and he quickly found out the problem and fixed it. All the rest have been pretty error free. Weird that it wiped you. What CWM version are you running?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
The newest one available, I believe 4.0.1.5 or something. Its orange with the imnuts banana.
The kernel baked in this ROM seems to be pretty good also, I may just stick with that.
I would try and re download/flash it again but my restore doesnt seem to work. It backs everything up and seems to fully restore my previous state but then I get stuck at the samsung screen. And as we all know, setting up your phone is a pain in the ass, but sometimes a necessary one.
 

·
Since 1982!
Joined
·
287 Posts
Seems like just a few hours ago I lost my data connection. I am able to use Wi-Fi but there is no mobile network connection. Any ideas?
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
68 Posts
^ curious, same thing happened to me, oh, 715pm est. Ended up pulling the bat and sim, and after a wait and a reboot, got data again. This was about 9pm, had been on wifi for a bit. Might have been coincidence, but wife's phone never lost data...
 

·
Since 1982!
Joined
·
287 Posts
Mine came back about 30 min ago. Was weird. Friend of mine never lost it. But I figured it was an outrage.... question, why am I able to do a prl update using *228 with this phone. I did it during the outrage by accident and it worked.
 

·
Since 1982!
Joined
·
287 Posts
Looks like the outtage is back. In Dothan, Alabama. CDMA area only, no 4g here :(
 
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Top