Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me explain what a Pudding unlock is. In a nutshell, it is using a special sbf file that contains an unlockable bootloader meant for developmental needs. In order for it to be unlocked after the sbf is flashed a fastboot tool for Moto phones is needed, this is as far as I am explaining as it gets complicated after that.

I know I started a thread for the easier Cheesecake method, but that isn't happening at this point in time as there is nothing beneficial on those servers right now.

So, we as the Droid X community need someone with the "connections" required to get us this sbf specific for the X. If anyone even remotely knows somebody with this requirement either reply or PM me.

·
Android Apprentice
78 Posts
the only person that has access to those files is P3droid on twitter and mydroidworld but he isn't inclined to help(i think). He usually gets his stuff from secret ninja(s) and he has sold unlocked dev droid x's with specific SBF's to those who bought them so that they could keep unlock.....to be honest i thought about this before....why didn't they just hack an SBF or build one from the ground up and sbf with that...but alas i understand the use of "keys" anyway i hope someone comes forward

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haxatak said:
the only person that has access to those files is P3droid on twitter and mydroidworld but he isn't inclined to help(i think). He usually gets his stuff from secret ninja(s) and he has sold unlocked dev droid x's with specific SBF's to those who bought them so that they could keep unlock.....to be honest i thought about this before....why didn't they just hack an SBF or build one from the ground up and sbf with that...but alas i understand the use of "keys" anyway i hope someone comes forward
Yes, I know about P3droid but I'm holding off on contacting him for the reason you stated. My goal was to maybe find an alternative source but we may be out of luck.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
He's not going to take the risk of ruining his contacts just to get this unlocked. Just my two cents.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
he might be able to point you in the right direction, don't give up.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already asked him to a GTalk on twitter, might do so on mydroidworld too after a little bit as his twitter is flooded.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
he's a busy guy, esp with the bionic just being released. he's also a teacher, never pictured that.

·
Pastafarian
125 Posts
There was talk of JTAG pinouts that were discovered on older models of the Droid X. It's a possibility, but a very ugly one. I would talk to aliasxerog on twitter.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ryan said:
There was talk of JTAG pinouts that were discovered on older models of the Droid X. It's a possibility, but a very ugly one. I would talk to aliasxerog on twitter.
I've heard of JTAG but I'm unsure on what exactly it is, could someone inform me?

·
Aspiring Android
324 Posts
I don't think p3 has access to those files, if they even exist. If moto has no intention of unlocking the DX bootloader, they wouldn't even create the files we're talking about. If they do exist, I bet that p3 doesn't have access to them, because that kind if thing is of a magnitude he wouldn't hold back...

Sent from my CM7 DROIDX.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
This guy is selling one. Maybe someone with more knowledge of what to ask can get at him.

PydePypper Pyde Pypper
by P3Droid
Silver Dev Droid X 4sale $275,PLZ RT. Carbon fiber bck,spare battry,spare blk LCD,wired headphones & prototype BT headset all to go wth it.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think a dev X sbf would help much as it was designed for an already unlocked device while we need an sbf that does the unlocking.

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
I seem to remember hearing from P3 that it's an impossibility really, without the keys. I would hope, with his knowledge and connections, that he would have taken this route a long time ago if it were possible. Don't want to be a party pooper, but that's just my thoughts on the matter. I hope I'm wrong and you persistent bastards make it happen :).

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bad news, really bad news. P3droid told me that retail Xs are permanently locked no matter what, flashing a dev sbf would brick the phone permanently so this project is obviously cancelled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts