Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so friend of mine had an older version of liberty on and supposedly he deleted a theme or something and it got stuck at the boot logo. I said no problem I will sbf and be back to stock since he called a warranty claim on it cuz his SD card slot doesn't work all the time and the menu button stopped working. So I sbf and can't get into recovery. I try again still nothing and botch said pass and rebooted. I tried rsdlite with the 602 sbf and rsdlite failed over and over tried a different sbf for 2.2 and it passed but it wasn't the right bootloader so I sbf again with 2.3.34 and still stuck at m. Tried swapping my battery for his because I know mine had a good charge still no go...

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
You need to format /data and /cache after coming from a custom ROM, otherwise you get stuck at the boot logo.

After you SBF'd to .340, did you try booting into stock recovery? If not, try holding home while powering on.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know I can't get into recovery. Normally if you sbf and don't wipe you get looped at the droid animation. I stay stuck at the M and can't get into the recovery...can still get into the bootloader though.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I didn't feel it was panic worthy as its not my phone and its getting returned anyway due to the hardware failures...just sucks that the phone wont boot now.

·
433 Posts
malac0da said:
Thanks I didn't feel it was panic worthy as its not my phone and its getting returned anyway due to the hardware failures...just sucks that the phone wont boot now.

Oh, I need to learn how to read I guess. I thought it was your phone, didn't even notice the "Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk" part :p

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol its cool. It don't matter where it is really I am going to continue searching tomorrow for ideas. He should be getting the new phone tomorrow and he has 5 says to send the one I'm working on fix back.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I believed it was the newest. I will have to double check though on the rsdlite version though. I downloaded it from droidlife I believe...we'll they link to a megaupload. To get to recovery I'm holding home for like a minute after holding it while pushing power till the m appears

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
malac0da said:
Yes I believed it was the newest. I will have to double check though on the rsdlite version though. I downloaded it from droidlife I believe...we'll they link to a megaupload. To get to recovery I'm holding home for like a minute after holding it while pushing power till the m appears
ok. if you cant get the 602 sbf to work, you can try the 596 one here http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?399-UPDATED-GUIDE-LINKS-DX-SBF-s

i didn't quite understand what you said about going into recovery. so...just to be sure. make sure the phone is off and not plugged into anything. then hold the home button (dont let go). then hold the power button (dont let go). you should see the red M logo appear. you can let go of the power button when you see that, but continue to hold the home button. then you should see the triangle appear a few seconds later. you can let go of the home button when you see that. then press both volume keys (for .596 or .602) or press the search key (for .340)

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill try the 596 sbf today. And I know how to get the phone into recovery I have been flashing my droid x like crazy and had to sbf it so many times its unbelievable. So the consensus in the community is if you can get to bootloader successfully sbf you should undoubtedly beable to get into recovery right? If that's the case maybe his home button isn't working either and that's why I can't get into it. But I thought when the phone looped after an sbf it looped at the boot animation and not the m logo. Maybe ill sbf mine just to be sure.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flashed 596 with sbf_flash and was actually able to get into recovery. Yay! Lol...I actually started a response thinking it wasn't gonna go in. Plugged it into my laptop and tried to start advanced logcat and I glance down and see the triangle lol.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wiped in recovery...still stuck at m. And I can't get back into recovery?

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When i got it to go into recovery I had tried with rsdlite nothing then sbf_flash and then it went in ,but still looped at the M. Just tried again with rsdlite and no memory card and still looping at the M and still can't get into recovery.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried 596 and 602 with RSdlite and nothing still at M and no access to recovery. Trying 340 with rsdlite one last time before he comes to get it to just send it back.

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still didn't work. I am starting to think there was really something wrong with it beyond just the menu button not working...either something internal or the home button wasn't working right either...leaning more towards the first.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't figure it out. It sounds to me like either something was really screwed up or it somehow had some leaked firmware flashed on it that wasn't downgradable (not that I know such a thing exists but if it did, then this would sound like how it would function, perhaps).

I'm flagging this as Abandoned since you don't have the phone anymore to work on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts