Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with my wife's D2 and tanked it. I am not a newbie by any means but I don't have a computer to fix it at this point. I cannot get it to boot into CWM. It is totally wiped clean, ( format system and all) as I was gonna flash a new ROM. It will only get as far as the splash screen/initial boot image and that's it. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait for a comp to SBF? PM me if you can help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
z06mike said:
I was messing around with my wife's D2 and tanked it. I am not a newbie by any means but I don't have a computer to fix it at this point. I cannot get it to boot into CWM. It is totally wiped clean, ( format system and all) as I was gonna flash a new ROM. It will only get as far as the splash screen/initial boot image and that's it. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait for a comp to SBF? PM me if you can help.
if you cant get it to boot into cwm, then you'll have to do an sbf.

·
Android Beginner
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured. I was just hoping someone had an update.zip or something that could be flashed through stock recovery or a way to "force" CWM.

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
z06mike said:
Yeah I figured. I was just hoping someone had an update.zip or something that could be flashed through stock recovery or a way to "force" CWM.

Does the D2 boot cwm from an external SDCARD?the fact that you can boot into stock recovery makes me think it does? If so, just download the update.zip again and you should be rad. I don't own the device and haven't really read up on it, so hopefully i don't end up sounding like a n00b. ergh, it's past my bedtime.

Here's an update.zip i found for you here.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
ro6666lt said:
Does the D2 boot cwm from an external SDCARD?the fact that you can boot into stock recovery makes me think it does? If so, just download the update.zip again and you should be rad. I don't own the device and haven't really read up on it, so hopefully i don't end up sounding like a n00b. ergh, it's past my bedtime.

Here's an update.zip i found for you here.
an update zip will just fail for him because the first thing it does is check the system partition and verifies that you have a fully stock rom already installed. He formatted his system partition, so there's nothing there.

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
razorloves said:
an update zip will just fail for him because the first thing it does is check the system partition and verifies that you have a fully stock rom already installed. He formatted his system partition, so there's nothing there.
Ahh, makes total sense. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts