Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am certain someone has installed a spy program on my vibrant. How can I go beyond hard reset as that step seems to be useless
Please help as I am now losing customers and having to explain the situation to each person in my contacts that I have not either, broken confidence by divulging personal info from our conversations and that I do not and I am not carrying the virus hiv, hep b & c nor have crabs, the drip or any other venereal disease. Ty

·
Android Beginner
41 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I use a fascinate for verizon. A sister phone to the vibrant. We have full reset files that wipe every nook and cranny of the phone into a totally stock format. If no one made those for the vibrant I would manually flash a radio, kernel, and rom, even if they are stock. More likely for someone to break into your information is the gmail account, or your T-mobile account. I would start by changing those passwords but unfortunately with as easy as it is to "export contacts" you're probably screwed. If someone has stolen your contact list and is in fact spreading things like that around it is a crime. I can't remember the statute but where I live it's something to the effect of electronic harassment. Good luck!

·
Themer
159 Posts
Vibrant has the ability to reformat your drives. Start there then go to a new ROM wipe data, cache, dalvik if youa are rooted. Be sure to back up everything you want to keep to your PC if you dont you will lose it on a reformat, because it deletes EVERYTHING. Including pics videos and all that. When I say everything I do everything!

Change all your passwords as suggested by the previous post. Run scans on your PC and install an antivirus to your device. Sounds like they are in your google accounts to me. You can always make a new gmail and then link it to your device and import your contacts from your old one, if the problrm persists.

Just curious but Why are all these stds relevant, are you some type of sex worker or something? Sorry but just had to ask lol.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
If using a Google account for all your info, along with all the suggestions listed above, I would also start using Google Authenticater. It's a 2-step security protocol but read up on it before you use it and MAKE SURE you write the passcodes down if the situation arises that you need them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts