Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the situation, I soft bricked my verizon Fascinate while trying to flash my rooted phone with Clockworkmod and could not get into download mode afterward, but I could get into just plain recovery mode(the samsung recovery not CWM) and each time I attempted to run the update.zip file I keep getting unsigned file errors on the update.

Okay so rooted around online and found a soldering method to get my phone into DL mode. Hey it worked! but now when I attempt to load the stock rom from samsung or anything to the phone I am getting an Odin freeze at "setting up connection".

Looking for alternate methods to fix this, can I just load update.zip directly to my sdcard that is signed? Specifically looking for anyone who may have had this same issue and now does not seem to have capable communications with the phone.

Thanks in advance.

PS please don't send me links to xda or other posts that seem to all have broken links, I have already been to most of these, if you know of a link that is valid, suggest away.

·
Tahn...Tahn..Tahn..Ni..Na..Na..Na..Na..
2,224 Posts
Try DL mode this way, take out battery, connect usb cable to computer then to your phone,hold simultaneously volume up and down and install battery while still pressing volume up/down.You might wanna do a factory reset prior to this.this works on my vibrant, don't know about the fascinate

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Well, it sounds like you are at least part way to fixing your phone. One thing you can try to get past the setup connection in Odin is after you are in download mode, put the battery back into the phone and flash with the battery in. Also, try a different USB port and/or USB cable to flash with.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Had Odin do that to me to. Had to get phone connected to computer with battery out and then download mode.... then start up Odin and then in PDA section use the stock rom and pit file in pit file section.
No issues. If stuck also .... open up Odin first... then connect to computer. Then hold down volume and connect USB ... download mode should boot up.. battery should be out whole time...

Message back let know how it goes.. fixed my soft brick fascinate four times this way...

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts