Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda in a pickle here. I had Phone EFS Clear clicked when I flashed the new stock EH09 via odin. Now my phone number shows up wrong in the status and wont let me make/receive calls, send/receive texts or use data. Please help me, I am such a stupid noob.

·
Supporting Member
103 Posts
Option 1, it'll ask you for your number and activate...

Pickle removed :)

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't work,. If I go to the status screen it just says unknown for phone number, min, prl version, meid, and network. And it wont let me turn the radio on (stuck in airplane mode).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did the same thing a few months back. Reset my phone to stock ED04 called Verizon tech and he couldn't figure out to reset my ESN or do a DMU so they sent me a new phone.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
When I updated mine and the wifes phones, I had the EFS Clear AND Update Bootloader checked.
Had the same weird numbers, but *228 fixed them both.
Maybe try to ODIN again with both of them checked.....
Good luck.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well apparently U.S. cellular gives you a free phone if you mess it up. I just flashed everything back to stock and they gave me a new one. At least now I am less of a noob.

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
If a *228 doesnt work, take it to a store with a tech. They can reflash it using Samsungs own software and reset the DMU while u are there. If they say they cant then they need to di thier PTS training and talk to a manager..

·
Banned
113 Posts
"Cythrawl said:
If a *228 doesnt work, take it to a store with a tech. They can reflash it using Samsungs own software and reset the DMU while u are there. If they say they cant then they need to di thier PTS training and talk to a manager..
Heres a fun fact. Odin IS Samsungs own software.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
well, to bring this thread back... I had a phone that I screwed up and had to flash using the full odin file.... but I can't roam anywhere. I brought it into the store, made up a line, and had the tech reflash it and the roaming works just fine now... however I have 2 phones that both had that issue and I don't want to upgrade.

Now only if they didn't flash it up to gingerbread :/ Eclair works just fine for me... and after the Froyo debaticle I'm hesitant to upgrade when it works at eclari

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
If you have any serious weird issues like this, I have found that flashing with Odin all the way back to Eclair then re-flashing back to the current ROM and doing a *228 will fix 99% of issues.

For some reason going back to the original Stock Eclair seems to do a better wipe than doing a stock EH09 (for example) with re partition..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts