Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone has figured out a way to get accurate battery readings without having to reboot? Its no fun seeing I have 70 percent left then rebooting and seeing I only have 40 percent left. Yes I have calibrated the battery.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
miketoasty said:
Just wanted to see if anyone has figured out a way to get accurate battery readings without having to reboot? Its no fun seeing I have 70 percent left then rebooting and seeing I only have 40 percent left. Yes I have calibrated the battery.
This is one thing that has blown my mind since getting this phone and running custom ROMs on it. It makes no sense what so ever.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skinien said:
That issue seemed to go away for me once I switched to CM.
On CM I would still have this issue but it would be less, maybe inside the ~5% area. But, for my own reasons I am trying to avoid AOSP ROM's, which may at this point be the only fix, which I accept. Just was wandering if anyone has found something out.

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
miketoasty said:
On CM I would still have this issue but it would be less, maybe inside the ~5% area. But, for my own reasons I am trying to avoid AOSP ROM's, which may at this point be the only fix, which I accept. Just was wandering if anyone has found something out.
To be specific, I get about a 2 - 3 percent drop when I reboot on CM but I'd assume that is expected. It takes more power to start things up rather than keep them idle.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
skinien said:
To be specific, I get about a 2 - 3 percent drop when I reboot on CM but I'd assume that is expected. It takes more power to start things up rather than keep them idle.
Yeah CM7 is much better on this than Sense ROMs I have been on in the past. I used BAMF Stripped 1.8 for a long time and every reboot I'd loose 15%+ and then it would seemingly stay at that % for a while to catch up I guess.

miketoasty said:
What ROM are you currently running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts