Chromebooks are a thing, and even though you may not see their worth, they are here to stay. I've had a few but they become computers that I just didn't need - I can easily see whom they would be useful for though. Acer is seemingly trying to broaden the number of persons that Chromebooks could be perfect for with their new Chromebook 13 -- haven't we used that name before?

This Chromebook does a lot of things right, beginning with the inclusion of NVIDIA's newest processing chip, the Tegra K1. The spec list of this Chromebook is much more impressive than just its processor, check below:

• Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1 CDS70M-A1 @ 2.10GHz

• RAM: 2GB DDR3L (up to 4GB)

• Storage: 16GB SSD (up to 32GB)

• Display: 13.3" TFT HD 1366x768 (up to Full HD 1920x1080)
  • GPU: NVIDIA Kepler

• Wireless: 802.11ac

• Battery life: ~12 hours

• Extras: HDMI, 2 USB 3.0, SD Card, BT 4.0
The specs are very impressive compared to others that we have seen in the genre, especially combining display with battery life and that new processor. The K1 is been outed as the perfect addition to the Chromebook for use cases needing more in the WebGL and multitasking areas. The logical next thing to look at is the price.

The base model Chromebook 13 will only run you $279, while (only) upgrading the display to full HD will be an extra $20 bringing that model to $299. If you want all the upgrades then look forward to paying $379, which puts that variant in the same price league as Samsung Chromebook 2's, but will some better components.

Is this the first Chromebook that will be more attractive to the masses, or is the problem not the specs and more so the operating system? Comment below with your thoughts, as I will be busy preordering this beast.

Source: Acer Chromebook 13

Pre-Order: Amazon