Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- 1st post

I came to this forum due to CM7 for my bolt being updated here and not "the other forum". I'm just curious why people are leaving the so called "hub" of phone hacking sites and coming here?

·
Digital Jedi
347 Posts
For me, there have been many reasons. Largely because RW seems to support many more devices and seems to be more up-to-date and on top of things. But there is a small part of me that really dislikes the new layout of that-Forum-which-must-not-be-named, and that's just another contributing factor. But having the updates from devs more quickly is certainly a big plus :)

All the best,

-HG

·
Average Android
80 Posts
xnatex21 said:
- 1st post

I came to this forum due to CM7 for my bolt being updated here and not "the other forum". I'm just curious why people are leaving the so called "hub" of phone hacking sites and coming here?
Devs set up shop, users follow. Simple as that.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
xnatex21 said:
- 1st post

The community is far better managed, leading to (from what I've noticed) much friendlier and intelligent users, and also happier developers.

·
Not Your Average Android
127 Posts
xxDriveNxx said:
The community is far better managed, leading to (from what I've noticed) much friendlier and intelligent users, and also happier developers.
I could not have said it any better.

I just feels like a breath of fresh air.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HalosGhost and lambda, thank you. Content is king I guess. I like this more traditional forum setup as well.

xxDriveNxx said:
Interesting. The interwebz, friendly and intelligent? I hope you're right.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
While we appreciate the flattering, we don't consider ourselves better, but a higher quality of support for developers, themers and users. We promote being open, in other words, enjoy your stay as long as you like. Another perk is, this site is used to give phones, accessories and tools back to the people that make this site what it is.

Moving to off topic

·
Developer
140 Posts
i think its silly to censor forum names. Yes we are a different type of community from XDA and I am proud to be a part of it.

nothing wrong with linking to a good site either. I will personally make sure another's forum name or site is never censored from mentions.

·
Supporting Member
127 Posts
Its nice to have a forum just for android without wading through other os's.. plus everyone seems nice and helpful

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
At first I was a bit annoyed, thinking 'wtf is RootzWiki and why are all the developers moving there all of a sudden?' So I came here, signed up, and poked around. It's clean, it's functional, and easy to navigate. Have you tried to navigate XDA's list of phones? It's impossible.

In my experience, XDA has become... less than accommodating... to its users. I tried posting feedback on a ROM in the development section, but was told my post count was too low and I was "probably asking a question that's been answered before, please use the search function or post your questions in the General section." Gee, XDA, I'm sorry I'm not a post whore, and actually prefer to read and search before posting, but thanks for making assumptions about me anyway. Once I saw that message, and the fact that some people with lesser post counts than mine were able to freely post in the development section, I came to the realization that XDA was more of a clique than a community. Add the unnecessary post deletions, censorship, and general dickishness of the mods, and it's not a place I'd like to stick around.

TL;DR: This is a much friendlier environment for both developers and users.

EDIT: I didn't realize this was my first post here... lol.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Maverick said:
At first I was a bit annoyed, thinking 'wtf is RootzWiki and why are all the developers moving there all of a sudden?' So I came here, signed up, and poked around. It's clean, it's functional, and easy to navigate. Have you tried to navigate XDA's list of phones? It's impossible.

In my experience, XDA has become... less than accommodating... to its users. I tried posting feedback on a ROM in the development section, but was told my post count was too low and I was "probably asking a question that's been answered before, please use the search function or post your questions in the General section." Gee, XDA, I'm sorry I'm not a post whore, and actually prefer to read and search before posting, but thanks for making assumptions about me anyway. Once I saw that message, and the fact that some people with lesser post counts than mine were able to freely post in the development section, I came to the realization that XDA was more of a clique than a community. Add the unnecessary post deletions, censorship, and general dickishness of the mods, and it's not a place I'd like to stick around.

first post and it didnt get rejected :-D lol

I like what i see here. thx guys

·
Average Android
80 Posts
Maverick said:

That was my experience as well. Been running android roms since 2009 and wanted to ask a pertinent question in a dev thread and was informed that I was probably a noob and should rtfm. Oh well.

Sent from my NookColor

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
i've been with xda for about 2 years now and i've had multiple devices supported by them. in literally every device forum (hero, evo, g2) there has been a dev leave because of drama. also, some of the xda rules don't make sense to me. (you can't have a signature with jesus on it but you can have a kernel called "rapist") i really like it here at rootzwiki. it literally is a breath of fresh air.

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
"lambda said:
Devs set up shop, users follow. Simple as that.
+ 1

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
I think that the intent behind creating this website was felt right from the start and that makes all the difference it seems in the users of it and their attitudes. Proud to be a part of it :)

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
While I don't always agree with xda, we'll see how well this site is doing in 2 years. Let's remember that xda is still one of, if not the largest forum on the internet and with that comes a lot of problems. Good luck to the site, but unless Droidtheory comes over here, xda will still be my main home.

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
xda is still strong in other areas, but as far as development on the Bolt, it's dead imo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki Forums

G

·
I don't think one forum is necessarily better than the other. Both Rootzwiki and XDA have their strengths. I love what the devs are churning out over here, and the community is truly awesome. I also visit XDA on a regular basis and love what their devs bring to the table.

The primary difference between the two for me is that I post regularly here. I don't have a single post on my account with XDA, and I don't intend on having one. I lurk and take what I need. Here, I contribute while also taking what I need.

·
Average Android
327 Posts
"xxDriveNxx said:
My thoughts exactly..

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 35 Posts