Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first of all I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
Here's the deal, I have a HTC Inspire on at&t. I've rooted a long time ago and flashed a million ROMs and everything else. I grew tired of it and noticed I kept shooting for AOSP builds and mainly went with CM nightlys.

So I went out and bought a Nexus S off contract from Best Buy. I love this phone, I have not rooted or touched it in anyway and I'm really happy with it.

I have 5 days left in my 30 day exchange and I can't make my mind up if I wanna keep the NS or return it and wait for at&t to release the S2.

Please help. Lol

I take a ton of pictures with my phone, I have a 1y/o son now, I mainly text alot and as far as using market apps, I only use Facebook, PNC, XDA, rootzwiki and maybe a weather widget or so.

Do I really need a dual core phone? The only thing I dislike about the NS is that I feel the camera can be weak at times. Everything else is great.

So should I keep the Nexus S?
Return it and wait for the Galaxy S2?
Keep the NS and sell my Inspire for accessories for the NS?

I really enjoy the NS stock, I don't see too much development for it , the GPS is amazing and it just works, I just don't wanna have the "**** I shoulda bought the S2 when I had the chance " feeling.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Having the Vibrant (rooted), the NexS (unrooted)... I would have to say... Get the SGS II and use the extra money from the Inspire to help comp the cost increase (?Maybe?). You will then have a device that will last awhile longer, be equipped to handle anything new thrown out there, and when boredom creeps close, have a decent amount of ROM's out there to run with.

Don't get me wrong, I love Vanilla, but given the chance be prepared for what may be in the "new" and be able to handle it.

Hell... I still have my G1....

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
Well, this is Android related, so it'll probably get moved... but hey, everyone flubs. :)
To answer your question, I'm on the same line as Darknight42020. RETURN IT!!! I love the Nexus S, don't get me wrong, but if you keep it, you'll have some serious buyers remorse here in a couple of months. Just put the cash somewhere safe and reward yourself with the Nexus Prime or whatever it's going to be called.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Things are weird like that sometimes...

My Vibrant used to be seen as a NexS, but now is seen as a SGS II. Google, facebook, and a few other Apps all tell me I have a SGS II.

I even get the 'register your device' emails from Google and Samsung.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts