Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to restore my HP Touchpad back to a working state, once the screen becomes irresponsive?

Originally, I copied the firmware into my HP touchpad root directory and used the ClockworkMod to install the update.
After reboot, it looked fine until I went to swipe the screen - at which point the touchpad did not respond.

I can connect to the touchpad to my PC fine... but is there anything I can do from there to recover from this?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Many Thanks
Phil.

·
Android Apprentice
126 Posts
Try restarting. Hold power + home (The physical one, not the on-screen one) for 30 seconds. It should reboot. If the touchscreen still isnt working, you can try running the ACMEUninstaller to remove android and then put it back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Honaker91, yes I tried to reboot it but when holding the power down, i get the menu to choose reboot but I cant select anything because the touch screen doesnt react..
cheers
Phil

·
Android Apprentice
75 Posts
Jotokun's advice is spot on. The only other thing that I've seen cause unusual screen issues is charging the TP on a cheap eBay charger that claimed to provide enough power but couldn't. It would cause screen taps to register in the wrong place, unplugging the TP cured this immediately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jotokun, Thanks for that.. I will try that and if it works.. I am hoping I can simply go into ClockWordMod and try to roll-back or re-run the installer of the firmware again? How do I otherwise run ACMEUninstaller from windows also... I tried looking for notes online for this but saw nothing at a glance... but I must admit that I was panicing when the screen failed to work !!!

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Stuart_f and Everyone, your advise is very much appreciated and did help me to get this touchpad back up again.
Thank you Very Very Much.

I am baffled as to why the screen failed in the first place because it was connected to the PC using the USB cable I got with it !! I have one of those touchstone? chargers which is where it sits on.. I wonder if this may have caused a problem, now that you mention "charging and cheap cables etc"... I dont charge from the wall...

Now that its working, I will test the device over several days and pray this issue doesnt occur again.
Again, Thank you kindly for your advice and guidance.

Kind regards,
Phil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.