Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rooting and using custom ROMs for a while but with using 2nd-init based ROMs, I have found I can't change the keyboard. I don't mind the stock GB keyboard, but I'd prefer to use SwiftKey since I paid for it and I like it better. Is there a fix or shall I just live with it while using these ROMs?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
KatsumeBlisk said:
I've been rooting and using custom ROMs for a while but with using 2nd-init based ROMs, I have found I can't change the keyboard. I don't mind the stock GB keyboard, but I'd prefer to use SwiftKey since I paid for it and I like it better. Is there a fix or shall I just live with it while using these ROMs?
Why cant you swap keyboards? o_O I've always used Flext9 on CM (d2g but dont see why can on d2g but not the dx)

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
x13thangelx said:
Why cant you swap keyboards? o_O I've always used Flext9 on CM (d2g but dont see why can on d2g but not the dx)
No idea. There's not an option in Settings >> Language & keyboard. And as I was typing this, I realized I didn't think of touching and keeping my finger down while in an input area to select input method. Wow I feel dumb. XD It works fine if you have a keyboard checked in Settings.

·
Android Apprentice
278 Posts
Flash the latest version... reboot before you try to enable keyboards. The I am using SwiftKey x right now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bigmook said:
Flash the latest version... reboot before you try to enable keyboards. The I am using SwiftKey x right now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I figured out how. You just got to get to input method by holding down in when typing. I just don't normally do it this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts