Android Apprentice
45 Posts
Agreed. Its slayher's birthday tho so let's let him rest. For today. Lol

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone wish him a very happy birthday.

He deserves it for all the work he's doing on finishing RIL for the Bolt.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Anxiously awaiting... me want some finalized AOSP CM7!! I hate sense.

·
Average Android
169 Posts
I've been waiting since I could build a booting Mecha nightly from CM source. Plus once the RIL is out, we can have a MIUI ROM....hopefully.

·
I am the Stig
223 Posts
Has anybody tried to put pressure on HTC? It worked wonders for unlocked bootloaders (which I am still amazed about...). Most of doubted that they would unlock bootloaders, but they are! Couldn't hurt right?

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
What exactly is an RIL. and what does RIL stand for? I came from having a G1 and a Nexus 1 and cuz those were true AOSP I've never heard of this term before.

·
I am the Stig
223 Posts
mfk dgaf said:
What exactly is an RIL. and what does RIL stand for? I came from having a G1 and a Nexus 1 and cuz those were true AOSP I've never heard of this term before.
It is the radio interface layer. Simply put, it works between the ROM and the hardware kind of like drivers on a pc. There is more involved, but this will give you a general idea at least

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
127 Posts
Brian said:
Has anybody tried to put pressure on HTC? It worked wonders for unlocked bootloaders (which I am still amazed about...). Most of doubted that they would unlock bootloaders, but they are! Couldn't hurt right?
Cm7 team writes their own ril. The HTC one is built for sense framework and will not work for aosp. I suppose the source might be of some use as a reference, but I don't think it would make things go much faster. Probably not worth it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
andrew53517 said:
I can't wait for it! I haven't flashed CM7 yet due to it being unstable at times
You should give the latest build a go. 7.1.0 RC0.3 is actually stable enough to be a daily driver.

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
523 Posts
If you saw the ril code, you wouldnt want to see it....seriously its a NIGHTMARE.

Its all online floating around already, you can find it if you dig in the right places. The people who can clean it up already know.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
You are not kidding about the FUGLY part. It's amazing how much of a hack job HTC really did to get this phone to market

·
Android Lover
365 Posts
Waiting here too....that thing is on lockdown.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
apparently you don't sleep either do you kook?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts