Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I solve problems
1,213 Posts
Nope. I am the best anti virus for me :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Your personal savior & black Jesus
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would probably use AV if apps were installed on my phone longer than a day or I had a ROM longer than two days.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
I don't understand how people get viruses, even on PC's. You have got to be an idiot that just blindly clicks anything or actually believe they are the millionth visitor to a site and they just won a free iPad.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
I don't understand how people get viruses, even on PC's. You have got to be an idiot that just blindly clicks anything or actually believe they are the millionth visitor to a site and they just won a free iPad.
Viruses are much more sneaky than that, sites such as CNN or even Rootzwiki can be infected and just visiting them get's your computer infected. Now this is highly unlikely but it has happened and just because you are smart on a PC doesn't mean you are safe.

Obviously on Android your biggest threat is downloading apps so yes it's much easier to avoid malicious content here.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
Those are only the annoying viruses. More dangerous ones are much more sneaky as they would be better off unnoticed. You likely wouldn't know you had one unless you had some software to notice it. THIS INCLUDES MAC. I'm not sure there are many OS X users here, but they get viruses too. Linux can as well. It's mostly just a matter of going after the biggest target which is first windows, then OS X.

EDIT: I forgot, I don't use anything on my phone. I remember reading someone (I think it was Koush or ChainsDD) had a little experiment with one of the AV apps at the time. An innocent app was blacklisted by this app as dangerous. I remeber exactly where it was so you can just read for yourself. http://androidsu.com...egory/security/

EDIT2: If you want to avoid viruses on Android, a good start would be to avoid sketchy apps like wallpaper apps, fart apps, etc. Don't give root access to anything that isn't trusted. And check the permissions of your non-root apps before you install them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts