Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the Android 4.1 update was just announced officially by Sony. Here's a link in case you missed it earlier.
So, what do we know now:
  • blues (T, TX, V, etc) will get 4.1 in Q1 2013
  • Other devices to follow in 'due course'
However, multiple sources indicate that older devices (fuji and montblanc) will get an update earlier, with most likely dates being early November for fujis and late November / early December for montblancs.

Please, keep the discussion (especially the 'Sony updates are slow' circlejerk) out of this thread. This is the information thread, so post actual news instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
could you please explain to me what you mean by fuji and montblanc devises?
and a big thanks to the boys a sony for giving us this update.... many users of other devices from other compagnys dont get this update at all

btw sorry for my written english, do speak it better :-D

238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you please explain to me what you mean by fuji and montblanc devises?
and a big thanks to the boys a sony for giving us this update.... many users of other devices from other compagnys dont get this update at all

btw sorry for my written english, do speak it better :-D
I'll add the board names to the FAQ later.

238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K900: in XDA you tell us about a preview of JB in Xperia S, and now Sony said after Q1 2013...... i'm so confused....

Good to see you here bro
The fujis will likely get the update earlier. The way this works is as follows: engineering and software are two completely different departments. So, while engineering work was done on the new hardware (blues), the software work was focused on the existing hardware (fujis) and the frameworks. I'm pretty sure they merged a lot of code that was not shared before, and it looks like the idea is to have a single Sony Android tree that will have all the tweaks for all devices in the end, and just add device support to it. Actually makes things a lot easier to maintain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts