Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Okay, so I was running the 2.11.605.0 leak, and started experiencing weird battery issues. It would take an exuberant amount of time to charge (never did reach 100% after this started happening, even after hours of charging), and the battery died twice as fast as it had been.

So, I decided I'd flash Gingeritis 1.3 and go with that. Well I did, and all was fine, but I noticed that process.com.google.android.talk crashed upon every boot. I also noticed that the Camera app stopped working. It wouldn't FC, but it just disappeared as soon as you opened it. Flashlight still worked.

So, I decided I'd reflash, well that didn't change anything. Then I decided to flash the 2.10.605.1 debloated ROM, same thing with process.com.google.android.talk crashing and no camera.

Then I nandroided back to a backup I had made of 2.10.605.1 when I ran it prior to updating to 2.11, and same thing, process.com.google.android.talk crashing, no camera.

I'm currently reflashing the 2.11.605.0 RUU in hopes I can get it to work. I tried flashing the CDMA radio that came with 2.10, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions? I bought my Bolt used on eBay, so going back to stock and sending it in to VZW isn't an option... :(

EDIT: Same thing upon booting 2.11 after reflashing the RUU, process.com.google.android.talk crashing upon boot, no camera. Note, I did a full wipe of data, cache, dalvik, and system between these flashings.

Update: I did another full wipe and I dug out my stock battery and plugged it in to charge for a bit, I'm going to try and flash the MR2 radio, and flash the MR2 deoxeded stock ROM I have downloaded.

EDIT ADD FIX - SEE THIS POST AND APPLY THIS FIX http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...ped-functioning.&p=87204&viewfull=1#post87204

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
"razor2006 said:
Okay, so I was running the 2.11.605.0 leak, and started experiencing weird battery issues. It would take an exuberant amount of time to charge (never did reach 100% after this started happening, even after hours of charging), and the battery died twice as fast as it had been.

So, I decided I'd flash Gingeritis 1.3 and go with that. Well I did, and all was fine, but I noticed that process.com.google.android.talk crashed upon every boot. I also noticed that the Camera app stopped working. It wouldn't FC, but it just disappeared as soon as you opened it. Flashlight still worked.

So, I decided I'd reflash, well that didn't change anything. Then I decided to flash the 2.10.605.1 debloated ROM, same thing with process.com.google.android.talk crashing and no camera.

Then I nandroided back to a backup I had made of 2.10.605.1 when I ran it prior to updating to 2.11, and same thing, process.com.google.android.talk crashing, no camera.

I'm currently reflashing the 2.11.605.0 RUU in hopes I can get it to work. I tried flashing the CDMA radio that came with 2.10, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions? I bought my Bolt used on eBay, so going back to stock and sending it in to VZW isn't an option... :(

EDIT: Same thing upon booting 2.11 after reflashing the RUU, process.com.google.android.talk crashing upon boot, no camera. Note, I did a full wipe of data, cache, dalvik, and system between these flashings.

Update: I did another full wipe and I dug out my stock battery and plugged it in to charge for a bit, I'm going to try and flash the MR2 radio, and flash the MR2 deoxeded stock ROM I have downloaded.
I am also having the same issue I was on uber pre3 decided to try gingeritis viii, did not have time to set up so went to a backup of my previous build, now I have same problem with talk, and camera?

·
Android Addict
575 Posts
When I bought my first smartphone from a friend one of the button wasn't working I took it to tech support at the store they told me to come back in an hour and I got a refurbished but working phone NP questions ask

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
I am having the talk fc problem, also.......................I think it is koush's recovery update causing my problem...............

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I flashed back to the MR2 OTA, and the problem went away. I just reflashed CWM, and now I'm going to try and flash something else.

·
My Foot Itches
211 Posts
wwjdd44 said:
I am having the talk fc problem, also.......................I think it is koush's recovery update causing my problem...............
I highly doubt a recovery image would cause that issue

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Note: make sure you don't unlock before your phone connects to the mobile network.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
jimmydene84 said:
I highly doubt a recovery image would cause that issue

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk
I had assorted problems from a recovery update on my Inc............so when I see multiple updates to fix things in a very short time, I am always suspect.

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
same thing here, I tried multiple ROM backups and they all have the same issue. I read on AC that I guy that was running the 2.11 stock RUU (non rooted) was having the same issue.

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just tried flashing the 2.10 Deodexed Debloated ROM, and same thing happened again. Guess I'll flash back to MR2 and root it and just sit on it for a bit and see how this plays out.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
all of my root apps had quit working. I wiped/formatted system, data, and caches. then reflashed gingeritis VIII and now my root apps work, but I still get the Talk fc........which is no big deal, since I never use it............something is slightly wacky somewhere.

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
Is there anyone here that is NOT having the issue with a 2.11 based ROM or the 2.11 RUU??? That seems to be the common thread here.

I dont have a backup of anything that is not a 2.11 ROM or I would try it. All I know is that I dont have a problem on my TMo Sensation GTalk.

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As soon as I flashed the MR2 RUU, my problem went away.

·
Average Android
336 Posts
Both camera and Talk are working ok for me on SHIFTS3NS3 1.3X. I'm running the radios from the 2.11 base, CWR 5.0.0.8, and Ziggy's kernel pulled from Synergy.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
On gingeritis 3d VIII newest radio and have the same problems. Camera worked yesterday and I haven't changed a thing. Weird it doesn't FC.. only gtalk does

·
Android Apprentice
225 Posts
I am having the same problems with talk and my camera and it all started when I updated CWM.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts