Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joenathan said:
trsohmers was kicked out of Touchdroid and started AndroTouch

check this statement from Team Touchdroid for more info http://touch-droid.com/statement.pdf
yeah, I saw the statement earlier today...I guess I didn't realize that it was directly mentioning trsohmers.

It's a shame, really. Obviously it's my hope as well as others that we get a working port of Android (while potentially maintaining WebOS with a dual boot eventually) and the money from our donations ends up in the hands of the correct people.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
I'd like a little more info on this. Maybe someone can tell me if I have this correct?

Team TouchDroid- Trsohmers was kicked out and is kinda working on his own- jbruchon has now quit- but this team is still developing?

Anybody else working on it? Cyanogen Mod team?

TIA for any info!

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Joenathan said:
My bet is with the CM team, you can follow this guy http://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin he is part of the team.

and this guy http://twitter.com/#!/Decad3nce
You know what John, I think we all (you too) just want it done without the drama. I for one am glad the CM team (if they are indeed porting this for sure) are not being public about it. Look how much drama it has generated...... little to none. It would seem where the HP Touchpad to Android is concerned, the best project is the one no one hears about. I don't want to start any flames with this thought, but what do you guys think? Think its better to keep the press releases to a minimual as it is in the corporate environment. Or be very transparent like the Androtouch and Touchdroid team has been?

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
I would love it to be transparent, but obviously from all the drama, best to be quiet and drop the bomb on us. I wish all devs the best of luck and wish users would take a cue from Guns and Roses, and have a little patience. (Showing my age here lol)

·
I just sit around here
287 Posts
"justin108 said:
I would love it to be transparent, but obviously from all the drama, best to be quiet and drop the bomb on us. I wish all devs the best of luck and wish users would take a cue from Guns and Roses, and have a little patience. (Showing my age here lol)
Interesting point.

Drama comes with attention... I don't think there's a credible argument against this.

If you are not doing it publicly, then the causes of drama are significantly reduced. If you do it between a close group of people, you end up with less scope for drama, full stop, as there are less external catalysts.

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
The CM team has done alot and are going forward at great speeds. There has been huge amount of work that could have been used or helped out with (other) groups that simply were ignored, not even acknowledged by simple aspect of these (other) groups kinda wanting to not give information, play everything close to the vest and generally being a bunch of arseholes to everyone not involved in their closed little circle. So alot of this work and people simply said screw you and gave it more stable, experienced groups.
Not said to start any flames or more drama, but cant ignore the elephant in room. Hell, I have personally gave code, file mappings, snippets, partition info to other groups as they were ignored here and got tired of drama.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts