Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Average Android
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the thunderbolt since , about, the release. And there is one major thing that bugs me; the usb port is on the left hand side. usually that would not bug me, however, when I want to watch netflix or whatever with the kickstand it makes it impossible.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
The_KGB said:
I have had the thunderbolt since , about, the release. And there is one major thing that bugs me; the usb port is on the left hand side. usually that would not bug me, however, when I want to watch netflix or whatever with the kickstand it makes it impossible.
Yeah they def. dropped the ball on that! I got the Seidio charging cradle which works for watching movies and charging plus it puts the phone at a great angle. Just make sure you will be near a charger when watching movies using the kickstand and you will be ok haha.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Mustang302LX said:
Yeah they def. dropped the ball on that! I got the Seidio charging cradle which works for watching movies and charging plus it puts the phone at a great angle. Just make sure you will be near a charger when watching movies using the kickstand and you will be ok haha.
I purchased the Seido extended battery case which allows you to use the "Built in kickstand" (It is build into the case) either way (It snaps into position so it can be used how you want it).

·
Average Android
186 Posts
miketoasty said:
I purchased the Seido extended battery case which allows you to use the "Built in kickstand" (It is build into the case) either way (It snaps into position so it can be used how you want it).
That. It works great, you should check it out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
i think the reason it is on that side is because of the hinge for the kickstand. i doubt they would be able to fit both on one side. it would be nice, but i think the kickstand is more for "on the go" use.

·
Android Addict
1,497 Posts
Turdbogls said:
i think the reason it is on that side is because of the hinge for the kickstand. i doubt they would be able to fit both on one side. it would be nice, but i think the kickstand is more for "on the go" use.
I agree but at the same time, who is going to be able to use the kickstand while on the go? Kind of a lose, lose situation.

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
"Mustang302LX said:
Or get the extended battery. I never worry about battery anymore LOL. I try to kill it with streaming and it barely moves

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
The_KGB said:
the only complaint i have with the tbolt is crappy lte and battery life.

·
Android Addict
698 Posts
"fixxxer2012 said:
Extended battery gets rid of battery being bad. I love the feel of it. Fits nicely in my hand. More secure feeling then the standard batt

·
Former #1 troll.
1,465 Posts
hopesrequiem said:
Extended battery gets rid of battery being bad. I love the feel of it. Fits nicely in my hand. More secure feeling then the standard batt
i dont do extended, i have no desire to make my phone look like a brick.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
fixxxer2012 said:
flash a new radio, and grab a slim "extended battery" and charger from amazon for $10. no big deal.
when i was just west of Grand Rapids over the summer i actually had pretty good 4G, and that was on stock MR2 software and radio.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
miketoasty said:
I agree but at the same time, who is going to be able to use the kickstand while on the go? Kind of a lose, lose situation.
I see what you mean, and lived with the concenquences. i watched a movie during a flight over the summer and it damn near killed my battery completely...went from 85% to 20% in 2 hours. i used to be able to only loose 30% on my DX. that was when i was stock, so maybe AOSP will fix that, and if not, maybe underclocking will help save some juice. Either way, i have an extra battery now, so its not a huge deal to me any more.

·
Average Android
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Turdbogls said:
flash a new radio, and grab a slim "extended battery" and charger from amazon for $10. no big deal.
when i was just west of Grand Rapids over the summer i actually had pretty good 4G, and that was on stock MR2 software and radio.
I was just in grand rapids...lol. Small world.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
The_KGB said:
I was just in grand rapids...lol. Small world.
:grin3: GRap (thats what all us cool west Michiganders call it) is a cool place. i would love to find myself back in my "home town" later in life.

also, to the OP, open up the kickstand, and manuver the charging chord in a way that you can rest the kickstand on the chord. i am charging my phone in landscape right now with nothing but the kickstand keeping it upright. i even went and sent a text all without knocking the phone over. its not as stable as using the actual kickstand, but if all you want to do it watch videos, it would work great.

·
Average Android
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Turdbogls said:
:grin3: GRap (thats what all us cool west Michiganders call it) is a cool place. i would love to find myself back in my "home town" later in life.

also, to the OP, open up the kickstand, and manuver the charging chord in a way that you can rest the kickstand on the chord. i am charging my phone in landscape right now with nothing but the kickstand keeping it upright. i even went and sent a text all without knocking the phone over. its not as stable as using the actual kickstand, but if all you want to do it watch videos, it would work great.
Yea, I will have to try that.

I am actually from michigan. Used to live by okemos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts