Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here, and fairly new to android as well. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place...

My question is this: How would one go about editing a ROM to remove/replace apps? Specifically with ones used with ODIN. Is there a program I need to open the factoryfs.rfs file (or whichever is needed), or does the file itself need editing?

I'm new with the android platform and want to start small. Any help would great :)

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
First off, Welcome to Android & RootzWiki!!!

To answer your question: The best way to REMOVE apps is to first root and then install 'Titanium Backup' from the market. This app can freeze or remove any app you want. To replace apps, you can just use the push command in adb, which stands for android debugging platform. there are guides for adb all over the interwebs... And for the second part of your question, yes you can extract the files for a rom designed to use with ODIN. this is done via a third party application. you can find it on the interwebs, as well... but it gets complicated. Since you said you wanted to start small, let's start with rooting and adb.

Happy ModDing!

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's fairly easy to tweak a stock rom then? Sounds like a good place to start out on. I'll look into adb, thanks for the help and welcome!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.